Ive recently tried to start getting into fingerstyle guitar like this. Now i realize i have a long way to go! haha that was seriously beautiful. i love how there is so much going on, yet it all blends with eachother so perfectly. I really like the percussion in there, very cool!

i watched your midnight runner video... i got goosebumps. that song is so cool sounding!

i subbed right away! some great stuff there!

c4c?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28856019#post28856019
Oh hey, I didn't see you there
Wow, that blew me away. I didn't know what to expect, but I'm glad I watched this. What tuning were you in? Or was is just in standard? Anyway, I'm jealous, and inspired. What were you even doing with your right hand? It was like your were fingerpicking, playing chords, and playing percussive guitar all at the same time. Did you pick that up on your own or do you know anywhere online I could get some good pointers from?

If you have a sec, could you check out one of my recordings? I'll link my thread here, try the song titled Lakota. Of course, this is only if you want to and have time.

Thanks! And once again, beautiful playing
crazycory94 - your fingerpicking on the electric is good! I can only do it on the acoustic because I treat the electric and acoustic as two different instruments regarding style of playing. With the electric I'm heavily influenced by the style of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez. I appreciate the kind words and thanks for subscribing and listening!

Austindicola - Through many years of playing I've developed my own technique with fingerpicking, I can't describe what I do, I just do it out of instinct with patterns in my head. The only pointers I would give is learn songs from Andy McKee and Antoine Dufour, and from that integrate it within your own style.
You did not leave a link to your song Lakota but I found it on your youtube channel and it was lovely. I subscribed to you as well.

FenderMayer - Thanks man! I'm working in studio at the moment, with this acoustic folk side project and my band that I am in, recording two EPs, so it's in the works!
Quote by miosanchez
crazycory94 - your fingerpicking on the electric is good! I can only do it on the acoustic because I treat the electric and acoustic as two different instruments regarding style of playing. With the electric I'm heavily influenced by the style of Omar Rodriguez-Lopez. I appreciate the kind words and thanks for subscribing and listening!

Austindicola - Through many years of playing I've developed my own technique with fingerpicking, I can't describe what I do, I just do it out of instinct with patterns in my head. The only pointers I would give is learn songs from Andy McKee and Antoine Dufour, and from that integrate it within your own style.
You did not leave a link to your song Lakota but I found it on your youtube channel and it was lovely. I subscribed to you as well.

FenderMayer - Thanks man! I'm working in studio at the moment, with this acoustic folk side project and my band that I am in, recording two EPs, so it's in the works!

Thanks a ton for that! I really appreciate that. I'm making it a high priority for me to actually try to learn something perhaps by Andy McKee. I've only listened to him, I've never dared try to play his stuff :P I'll be paying attention to your stuff, as I've subscribed to you as well
It was very smooth, real musician like. If you go to school for music im sure we'll cross paths and we may never know. Easily one of the best originals on here. Just keep doing what your doing. the rain was an awesome touch.
I like your finger picking/slap technique man, it reminds me of Candyrat artists. Is that piece in a different tuning other than standard?
Great composition. You have a lot of skill, I'm excited to hear your E.P. Will their be vocals on your record? I feel that a great singer could really add another element, still, its quite wonderful as an instrumental.

Best of luck to your future endeavors!
mxrider139 I appreciate the kind words! I'm studying Commerce at McMaster University.

MaidenRulez666 - Thanks, Antoine Dufour and Andy McKee are my two favourite fingerpicking artists while they were under Candyrat. Tiffany Fall's tuning is DADF#AD.

Duce180 - Thanks man, the EP will most likely be half vocal songs sung by me and half instrumental, I've added other layers to it like Violin, eggshakers etc. I'm uploading three live teaser videos with couple musicians I'll be playing live shows with this weekend on how it'll sound like.
Thanks for the crit, it wasn't the best take I could of done but I shall do a better job when I record it properly now for your song, very good! 3 and a half minutes of very intricate playing and I didn't notice one mistake. Very well written, the little bit of percussion was a nice touch and I liked the way the song flowed. I seriously have to question my own abilities of fingerpicking now! nice work