Hey there forum mates

I was looking for a bridge pickup for my Schecter Omen-6 Extreme (tuned to D standard btw), and the other day I went to try some guitars to evaluate their pickups. The guitars i tried all had mahogany bodies atleast, based on some research I made at home. In the end, these were the pickups I really liked:

- Seymour Duncan JB (dont know the model of the guitar i tried);
- Seymour Duncan Dimebucker (tried on a Dean Razorback Explosion).

Now, I want to know if the pickups will sound atleast similar in my guitar as how they sounded on the ones i tried. I also tried EMG's and Duncan Blackouts: the EMG's didn't quite convice me, and the blackouts sounded cool, but they're a bit expensive :P

I might also have "mis'evaluated" the pickups, as I'm not a really experienced guitar player, so my tone knowledge isn't very good xD. I'm looking for a pickup that has a decent/high level of output, is able to deliver some tight palm mutes, clarity (both in standard tuning and in downtunings), and some searing lead tones, aswell as good harmonics. I like the tone of players like Alexi Laiho, John Petrucci, Jeff Loomis, Synyster Gates (the lead tone), Petri Lindroos, Gus G, Oli Herbert, etc.

I have a Pod XT (wich I play thorugh my computer speakers) and a Roland Cube 20x, btw.

So which do you guys think I should go for? JB, Dimebucker, or another one?

P.S. a bit off topic, but what happens if I coil tap a pickup that isn't "coil-tappable"?
Did you try those active pickups with your Pod or another amp?

The tone you're getting through your Pod is basically just that. The pod models tones based on existing amps (usually tube amps) and changing your pickups to higher output won't really help your tonal situation as much as you think. Higher output pickups will probably just distort the signal your Pod is trying to emulate. Making it sound possibly worse, not better.

Active pickups I have tried with solid state amps generally sound a lot worse than passive pickups with lower output, even playing at higher gain settings.

Just my couple pennies.
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
As a general rule I would never reccommend a dimebucker, but for drop/down tuning it didnt actually sound that bad. Having said this I sent my Sh-13 to Ippon for the price of shipping, I hated it that much that I was willing to lose 100$ to be rid of it.
You can easily find a bill lawrence xl500 for cheaper (dimes real pickup).

If theres any way in hell you can find a used bkp aftermath jump on it!
Dont bother buying any new pickups till you get a tube amp, a decent amp will improve your tone far more than running new pickups through a cube
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
As a general rule I would never reccommend a dimebucker, but for drop/down tuning it didnt actually sound that bad. Having said this I sent my Sh-13 to Ippon for the price of shipping, I hated it that much that I was willing to lose 100$ to be rid of it.
You can easily find a bill lawrence xl500 for cheaper (dimes real pickup).

If theres any way in hell you can find a used bkp aftermath jump on it!

It sounds very good with a Maple body Strat through the Diezel VH4 and Herbert and the Fryette Sig:X!

Quote by Ippon

It sounds very good with a Maple body Strat through the Diezel VH4 and Herbert and the Fryette Sig:X!

haha. I think that may have something to do with the diezel and less to do with the pickup.
My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR Special.
EpiG400 lefty w/Dimarzio X2N/ Irongear Hot Slag
Peavey 6505+112 (head)
2x12 Cab w/ WGS v30 / gt65
GFS Tuner
TS-9 (Keeley ish mod)
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah truebypass
ICP Gstring Decimator
True all that. And I'll also admit that I'm still struggling to get a good tone from pod, since the sustain and harmonics aren't rly good, but I believe those come from the guitar, as that happens when I plug it into any other amp.
Plus, on the music store, I ran the guitars through a cube 40x (better than mine, yeh :P), and I could really feel a difference.
Also I'm a bedroom player, don't do shows oftenly, so getting a tube amp, as of now, isn't really a good choice, as the neighbours would come to kick my ass xD.