Hello, I have a Cort X-TH and im having a problem with strings : the lower strings have a pretty good gain and such, but when i'm soloing or tapping on the higher pitched strings (G/B/E), i'm finding it considerably harder... they have lower gain for some reason... any suggestions?
I've tried adjusting pickup height and string action but nothing seems to work :/
SH*T, IT'S MY GEAR!

Cort X-TH
Digitech RP-500
Roland Cube 30x
Last edited by guitargasm6 at Dec 31, 2011,
well, i've tried my old guitar on the same amp/pedal/whatever and it taps pretty well... i've also noticed that when not plugged into an amp, tapping on my old guitar gives a higher sound than my Cort... im afraid it might be the kind of wood or a badly manufactured guitar... you know, something that can't really be fixed
SH*T, IT'S MY GEAR!

Cort X-TH
Digitech RP-500
Roland Cube 30x
No one thought of the obvious action/pup height?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
StonedColdCrazy, thanks, i'll be sure to ask about those...
ChemicalFire, check the first post, i said i tried both of those and it didnt work... help's appreciated though >.<
SH*T, IT'S MY GEAR!

Cort X-TH
Digitech RP-500
Roland Cube 30x
Using a different guitar does indicate the problem is not the amp settings. Where's the guitar's tone knob set? the capacitor bleeds off higher sounds but does next to nothing on the low end. Its possible the tone pot isnt going all the way to zero when you roll it back. The most likely thing is that your pickups just dont respond to that range as much as to lower ranges. Thicker strings will compensate for that somewhat, but I hate the feel of thick strings. If you love the rest of the guitar, get different pickups.
have you tried angling the pickups towards the treble strings?

the treble strings are thinner, and, everything else being equal, tend to induce less of a current in your pickups
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?