Hi, Im just looking for a bass VST that can work with reaper, the same way that EZdrummer does. I know nothing beats a real bass, but Im kind of low on money and cant buy a good bass . I heard the cakewalk bass is good, but I dont know if it works with reaper. Im just looking to make my own jam tracks and come up with some song ideas, nothing really serious.

thanks
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
I did a lot of searching for one last year and failed to find anything. I have Reaper as well. I found only one but it only did standard tuning and sounded crap anyway :P How do you program the bass at the moment? Guitar Pro or something?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Honestly, nothing even comes close to a real bass. I've heard drum emulators that can do a good job, but drums are a totally different beast... I've never heard a remotely believable bass synth. Your best bet would probably be to look for sample packs of basses.

This question would probably get better answers in the recording forum.

Another alternative would be to get somebody with a bass to record the parts for you. There are quite a few people who'd be happy to do that for you (I know I would), the bass board is full of friendly folk.
Never discovered a decent bass VST, really. The best I've done is use the ones in Garageband and mess with them MASSIVELY. The best way I've done it, other than just play it live, is to record my own bass samples one note at a time, then use a MIDI mapper like Kontakt, and import the MIDI file into Pro Tools and apply my own samples that way.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
lool into the stingray vst models Native Instruments have, I thought they sounded pretty good. :$
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
4front bass vst isnt bad and its free
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
thanks for the suggestions. I think 4Front bass sounds pretty good for what I wanted to do. Ill buy a real bass soon though $$. thanks again
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1