Page 1 of 2

I got this as a xmas gift from my borther in law. Had no clue I would be getting this. I do have a peavy vypyr 15..So I thought I wouldnt have much use for it. But after pluging it up it sounds pretty cool. Gives me better distortion than ive got on my vypyr then again im a newbie on eqing. I do plan to get a new tube amp next month. Im hopeful this pedal will come more in handy then. But all in all it sounded pretty awesome. And any free gear rules. So im happy with this gift!
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Dec 31, 2011,
Quote by Guitarbaddie
HNPD

Something tells me it wouldn't sound that good

Doesnt sound great, but better than I thought it would. I assumed it would sound absolutely terrible with a modeling amp. But it doesnt. Like I said im sure itll be alot more useful when I upgrade amps.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
More than likely if you're upgrading your amp you won't be using a pedal to achieve metal distortion. The amp will do it all on its own.
well i was planning on getting a JCA2112RC. So the pedal would help. I have it as a gift so I will have it and want to make use of it. It has got alot of good reviews.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i like it.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i guess ill find out im sure.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
My general rule is to stay away from the pedals that have names like "DEATH METAL PEDAL" and other pedals with such silly names
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
My general rule is to stay away from the pedals that have names like "DEATH METAL PEDAL" and other pedals with such silly names

Same, I tend to think they will be cheap.

Kinda like chinese restaurants. If their name/description includes "yummy", "tasty", "panda", "hygienic", "fortune" etc. , you know it'll be the same generic menu and same generic sugar-filled, obnoxiously sweet food.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
LOL. it actually got some pretty good reviews on musicians friend. so i dunno lol. but im sure you guys know a HELL of alot more than me about guitar stuff. ive only been playing 6 months.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
LOL. it actually got some pretty good reviews on musicians friend. so i dunno lol. but im sure you guys know a HELL of alot more than me about guitar stuff. ive only been playing 6 months.

MF reviews are a joke, as are most reviews.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by romeozdistress

I'm not saying it's bad. Well...I am but I'm stereotyping. If you think it's good then it could be. I have no experience with it whatsoever.

But HNPD!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by romeozdistress

The only reviews that matter are what Pedro and Socrates have to say. Or whatever your ears' names are. If you named your ears. I highly recommend it.
Quote by romeozdistress

I was stereotyping. I have no experience with it whatsoever. It may as well be an amazing pedal. If it sounds better than the distortion on your vypyr it has to be something good. Generally a distortion pedal through a modeling amp wouldn't be that good and the IMO the vypyr sounds good for a modeler.

HNPD!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
to me it has a good sound when i use the twin reverb with everything on bypass. but thats about it. the pedal ill remain in my collection forever as well as my jh-1 because they were both a gift from the same person. so either way ill be holding onto it. so ill go out of my way to put it to use.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
to me it has a good sound when i use the twin reverb with everything on bypass. but thats about it. the pedal ill remain in my collection forever as well as my jh-1 because they were both a gift from the same person. so either way ill be holding onto it. so ill go out of my way to put it to use.

Not related to the tone of the pedal in any way but I think you should return it. If you're getting a tube amp later, a nice OD to boost it would be more handy than this.

Of course, it's entirely up to you but it's just a suggestion.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Not related to the tone of the pedal in any way but I think you should return it. If you're getting a tube amp later, a nice OD to boost it would be more handy than this.

Of course, it's entirely up to you but it's just a suggestion.

im gonna grab a ts9 when I get the new amp. it was a gift from somebody, it was second hand.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
im gonna grab a ts9 when I get the new amp. it was a gift from somebody, it was second hand.

Mmhkay. Just don't limit yourself to a ts9. There are many other, I'd say better, tubescreamer copies for the same price.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
Mmhkay. Just don't limit yourself to a ts9. There are many other, I'd say better, tubescreamer copies for the same price.

well fill me in man lol.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Sad the way people see a digital pedal and immediately jump on the digital-is-crap bandwagon.....

+1

TS - congrats on the new pedal.

ignore the tuckfardian arsholes that gave you shit about it. nothing beats free gear!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
+1

ignore the tuckfardian arsholes that gave you shit about it. nothing beats free gear!

right on bro. it will eb there for my collection when I get a new amp next month whatever that may be.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by gregs1020
+1

Unless its an MT-2.

Oh wait. Triple recto's sound pretty cool when boosted with one TS9 style.......ok, I take that back
^

Quote by romeozdistress
right on bro. it will eb there for my collection when I get a new amp next month whatever that may be.

and hey, if you don't like it at that point you have something to trade off for something else.

it's trade bait at the very least even if you end up not liking it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
right on!
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
I own a Digitech MM. I was able to get some good sounds out of it plugged into my HT-5H, during the very short duration I owned that amp.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames
I own a Digitech MM. I was able to get some good sounds out of it plugged into my HT-5H, during the very short duration I owned that amp.

sweet, thats good to know.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
romeo - you might find this interesting since we both have a Vypyr. The other day I did a little test of some of my pedals (delay, wah, phaser, OD) into the front end of my Vypyr to see what would happen and I was somewhat surprised by the results. The phaser sounded a bit muddy but the rest of the pedals, including the OD, sounded pretty good.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/311ZOSOVHJH/music/all/play1070203
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
The only reviews that matter are what Pedro and Socrates have to say. Or whatever your ears' names are. If you named your ears. I highly recommend it.

Pedro?

But TS, if it sounds good to you then that is all that matters.

HNPD!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
romeo - you might find this interesting since we both have a Vypyr. The other day I did a little test of some of my pedals (delay, wah, phaser, OD) into the front end of my Vypyr to see what would happen and I was somewhat surprised by the results. The phaser sounded a bit muddy but the rest of the pedals, including the OD, sounded pretty good.

Every single pedal I've tried through a modeling amp (granted, not many) have had pretty bad results.

Must be something with those vypyrs Or maybe the mustangs and cubes don't like pedals
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

thanks man.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
if your getting a jet city, i recommend an EQ for tonal / voicing changes, and a solid EQ for pushing it over teh edge.

a jet city already has a higher gain soldano type voicing, this "uber metal" pedal would probably just ruin all the hard work jet city did. its like saying your going to supe up a ferari. with what?

besides, the best distortion effects come naturally from tubes or pushing tubes (like with ODs). i practice in my bedroom with my bugera v22 and i rock a board of 8 effects and combining them i al always amazed at what i can do.

i just ran:
dirty channel with OD pedal practically maxed out
EQ with a slight scoop
Comp pedal with the compression slightly up and the level maxed to act as a 2nd OD
slight delay

wow. can you say van halen? (about as close as i ever think im getting with my current gear). i was blown away. easily the most gain ive pushed out of my amp naturally that sounded good.

I am a huge advocate of trying to get the sound you want naturally by experimentation, not by buying the cheap modeling effects. doing that will only give you a cheap modeling sound.

...amp my gear in my apartment complex ain't exactly expensive either
Quote by ikey_
if your getting a jet city, i recommend an EQ for tonal / voicing changes, and a solid EQ for pushing it over teh edge.

a jet city already has a higher gain soldano type voicing, this "uber metal" pedal would probably just ruin all the hard work jet city did. its like saying your going to supe up a ferari. with what?

besides, the best distortion effects come naturally from tubes or pushing tubes (like with ODs). i practice in my bedroom with my bugera v22 and i rock a board of 8 effects and combining them i al always amazed at what i can do.

i just ran:
dirty channel with OD pedal practically maxed out
EQ with a slight scoop
Comp pedal with the compression slightly up and the level maxed to act as a 2nd OD
slight delay

wow. can you say van halen? (about as close as i ever think im getting with my current gear). i was blown away. easily the most gain ive pushed out of my amp naturally that sounded good.

I am a huge advocate of trying to get the sound you want naturally by experimentation, not by buying the cheap modeling effects. doing that will only give you a cheap modeling sound.

...amp my gear in my apartment complex ain't exactly expensive either

Ive also been looking at the peavey windsor studio and peavey valveking 112.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
never played one. i vaguely remember vids of them on youtube. im just saying that if you want a metalish sound, the jet city already has that gain and tonality out of the box. so its already in the neighborhood. a solid OD would have it right.
Quote by ikey_
never played one. i vaguely remember vids of them on youtube. im just saying that if you want a metalish sound, the jet city already has that gain and tonality out of the box. so its already in the neighborhood. a solid OD would have it right.

thats awesome to know. i play on getting either tube screamer or the zak wylde od pedal. those are 2 ive been looking at. peavey valve king would be better or no?
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
thats awesome to know. i play on getting either tube screamer or the zak wylde od pedal. those are 2 ive been looking at. peavey valve king would be better or no?

I haven't tried the JCs but I've heard really good things about them. And they're pretty cheap compared to similar amps too. I don't really like the cleans on the valveking, or any of the crunchy tones either. It does sound really good with the gain up.

Try them out.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
I haven't tried the JCs but I've heard really good things about them. And they're pretty cheap compared to similar amps too. I don't really like the cleans on the valveking, or any of the crunchy tones either. It does sound really good with the gain up.

Try them out.

thanks man.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Page 1 of 2