During the last couple of days i've been struggling with keeping the evh floyd in tune(strings going sharp,especially g and d), i've screwd the springs in a little further, ive been messing with the post heights but i cant seem to get rid of it, anyone here know how far off the guitar body the floyd is supposed to sit ? i know it should sit paralell to the body, but in order to get the floyd plate to hit the guitar body at the same time on both sides, it seems like the post on low e has to be screwed down further than the other post.

should mention the guitar is a week old.

if anyone with a woflgang could give me the measurements of how far the baseplate has to sit above the body i'd be happy....

thanks in advance
Okay you got a Floyd and a new guitar. There are the two things that should lead you to believe it's just the strings stretching. Just play it a while and keep it always in tune. If the problem continues I would see a Luthier or go to a music store and have them set it up being you adjusted the height and springs too already.

Btw I wouldn't of messed with those because the bridge height just affects your action and the springs add tension to the bridge which means it pulls down harder on the Floyd pulling the strings more. Nothing really there to solve your problem.

Cheers,
Xter
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
I hope you're not adjusting the action without loosening the strings first, that'll fuck the knife edges on the trem up.

But I would take the wammy bar and just go crazy with it, then retune it and do that a few times. If it still won't stay in tune then idk without looking at it irl.
Take it back to the store and have them set it up.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i put new strings on the guitar after day 2 or something, and i increased the spring tension because when the floyd was in zero position i could pull it back a little, extremely little, barely noticable
If the strings keep going sharp, check the the bolts on the back of the locking nut. If they are loose the strings will go sharp.
I have the same problems with my EVH Special. There is something wrong with it. The B and G strings will go sharp after I deep dive the trem. I think the trem knife or the action bolts might be defective. However, it is under warranty and the dealer who sold me the guitar will fix it. They think it is the spring so they are trying that first.
Get the store to set it up. That guitar is too nice to have tuning problems unrelated to simple user error.

Based on your last post, bring the bar up a little after diving and it should even out.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Get the store to set it up. That guitar is too nice to have tuning problems unrelated to simple user error.

Based on your last post, bring the bar up a little after diving and it should even out.

the bar can't go up (much at all) it's flat mount.

TS, it may very well be the springs. Sometimes they make a difference. Plus, keep your same string gauge. And it's OK to have your trem pull back a tiny bit while at zero point. That's the way flat mounts are. If you set your trem non parallel to the body it will NOT return to zero correctly.
Last edited by Chad11491 at Feb 20, 2012,