just curious guys, wat are you finger lengths? my index and ring finger are 7cm, middle is 9cm and pinkie is 5.5cm. i am 14. is this good?
well if i say no are you going to change them? right, so make the most of what you have and dont worry about things you have no control over. i would play along but i dont have a ruler handy ... no pun intended
Doesn't matter. Practice.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
....... Is this related to penis size?
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
My fingers are really small, but I can still manage Rusty Cooley-style 1-string arpeggios (not quite at light-speed, but anyways..) so um, idk cba to measure. my pinky is rather small, like less than 2 inches

EDIT: Before anyone says it, I was referring to my finger
Last edited by SilverSpurs616 at Dec 31, 2011,
when i was 14 i was more worried about measuring far more important appendages than my fingers

your fingers are far from developed i'm guessing, and even if they were full-sized, finger size has almost nothing to do with speed when you factor in economy of motion, muscle memory, etc. it'll make it harder, but there's nothing necessarily "blocking" your ability to play. worry about your fingers when you lose one, until then just play the instrument.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Unfortunately the optimal length for a pinkie finger is 5.4cm so unless you're willing to go through a lot of pain I'd give up everything now. Not just guitar, everything.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Ida Presti was a classical guitarist with tiny hands. She could play with the best of 'em.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Why do you care? Take it and leave it, as has been said. And just play.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by Hail
when i was 14 i was more worried about measuring far more important appendages than my fingers

your fingers are far from developed i'm guessing, and even if they were full-sized, finger size has almost nothing to do with speed when you factor in economy of motion, muscle memory, etc. it'll make it harder, but there's nothing necessarily "blocking" your ability to play. worry about your fingers when you lose one, until then just play the instrument.

lmaoo "far more important appendages"
Pit dweller maybe?
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by AlanHB
Unfortunately the optimal length for a pinkie finger is 5.4cm so unless you're willing to go through a lot of pain I'd give up everything now. Not just guitar, everything.

Oh crap... my pinkie is just over 7cm... *gives up*...... *everything*