Page 1 of 2
Quote by Butt Rayge
Is he the 'Global Metal' guy? .

yea, he is.

all of his shows take the music waaay too seriously.
Quote by Cheeselord
My biggest problem with the show is that they didn't include a Death or Black metal episode. Both genres are quite popular among metal listeners, certainly more so than glam or Power metal.

wat, he hasn't even finished the series yet

But yeah, like said above he takes it too seriously at times, but it's an interesting watch nonetheless.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Yeah, this is why I haven't bothered to watch of these so far. No one gives a shit about alice cooper. They are going in chronological order, so they should get to black metal soon if at all.
Buzz Osbourne gave a shit about Alice Cooper.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
wat, he hasn't even finished the series yet

But yeah, like said above he takes it too seriously at times, but it's an interesting watch nonetheless.

Nov 11: Pre Metal
Nov 19: Early Metal US
Dec 3: Early Metal UK
Dec 10: New Wave Of British Heavy Metal
Dec 17: Glam
Dec 31: Thrash
Jan 7: Grunge
Jan 14: Nu Metal
Jan 21: Shock Rock
Jan 28: Power Metal
Feb 4: Progressive Metal
Quote by Cheeselord

Oh, that's ****ed up. I can't wait to hear the Grunge episode though, wanna see if he at least talks to the Melvins, they're always fun.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Yeah well Buzz Osbourne has a shitty haircut.
OT: Led Zeppelin is not metal.

Go to hell on both accounts.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
So Br00t4l!

No offense, metal forum. I like Zep. I just don't think they are metal.

They're not Metal, but they definitely helped it form.

And besides, just because they have a mellow song that doesn't mean a band isn't Metal. Orchid from Black Sabbath isn't exactly what I would consider "Metal", nor Solitude.
i like it xD

i love it when he says stuff like "maybe ___ isnt enough for a die hard true metal fan like myself"
Quote by Ironic Maiden
They're not Metal, but they definitely helped it form.

And besides, just because they have a mellow song that doesn't mean a band isn't Metal. Orchid from Black Sabbath isn't exactly what I would consider "Metal", nor Solitude.

I know. I just think that they are too blues based and are inferior to Sabbath. They just don't compare to say, Children of the Grave or Into the Void.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
I know. I just think that they are too blues based and are inferior to Sabbath. They just don't compare to say, Children of the Grave or Into the Void.

Too Blues based? Sabbath started off as a ****ing Blues band. And Achilles Last Stand absolutely compares to both of those songs.
I've started watching Metal Evolution on demand, and I must say that I enjoy learning the roots of Heavy metal.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Too Blues based? Sabbath started off as a ****ing Blues band. And Achilles Last Stand absolutely compares to both of those songs.

Sorry to give you the wrong impression. I do really like Led Zeppelin, but Black Sabbath had a larger influence on metal. Their music was much darker and ended up being less bluesy, to me at least. And Achilles' Last Stand isn't proto-death metal in C# like Children of the Grave and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

Edit: Buzz Osbourne is in the ad for the grunge episode.
Last edited by SLEESTAK_BRO at Dec 31, 2011,
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Sorry to give you the wrong impression. I do really like Led Zeppelin, but Black Sabbath had a larger influence on metal. Their music was much darker and ended up being less bluesy, to me at least. And Achilles' Last Stand isn't proto-death metal in C# like Children of the Grave and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

Edit: Buzz Osbourne is in the ad for the grunge episode.

Sabbath wasn't really Proto Metal though, they were part of the wave of first Metal bands, and are considered the "first" actual metal band. They started out as a Blues band then got darker before they started playing.

But absolutely they had a larger influence, but that wasn't the point.

Also fuck yes, Buzz
Quote by Ironic Maiden
Sabbath wasn't really Proto Metal though, they were part of the wave of first Metal bands, and are considered the "first" actual metal band. They started out as a Blues band then got darker before they started playing.

But absolutely they had a larger influence, but that wasn't the point.

Also fuck yes, Buzz

We have almost come to an agreement.

Edit: This thread kind of went off topic.
Last edited by SLEESTAK_BRO at Dec 31, 2011,
also i would want to watch a show where cancer patients beat each other to a bloody pulp with giant resin vibrators
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by Cheeselord
My biggest problem with the show is that they didn't include a Death or Black metal episode. Both genres are quite popular among metal listeners, certainly more so than glam or Power metal.

It's Sam Dunn. What were you expecting? Knowledge on metal?
Quote by Cheeselord

no Doom?
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
Sam dunn is a wally. Absolute metal tourist crap, complete shit. Suitable for map of metal or ensiferum fans, id wager.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by Stranglehold
Sam dunn is a wally. Absolute metal tourist crap, complete shit. Suitable for map of metal or ensiferum fans
, id wager.

slightly random
Quote by technicolour

slightly random

But accurate all the same.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
This show sincerely disappointed me. I at least kind of enjoyed Headbanger's Journey, some of the interviews were interesting. Lemmy is interesting as always. But this show is sincerely lacking, ****ing KISS and Nu Metal and not a single mention of Doom, Death or Black Metal.
But regardless, I'm still curious as to how the Grunge episode will be, I always love a good Buzz interview.
Until the Light Takes Us is still the best Metal documentary I've seen
I thought it was an interesting series, it went pretty far back into history, and covered a lot about the history of how metal came to be what it is today.

And I know it sucks that a lot of great bands weren't mentioned like Amon Amarth.

My last complaint is WHERE THE HELL IS THE FOLK METAL! (Korpiklaani)
Quote by KORRUSK
I thought it was an interesting series, it went pretty far back into history, and covered a lot about the history of how metal came to be what it is today.

And I know it sucks that a lot of great bands weren't mentioned like Amon Amarth.

My last complaint is WHERE THE HELL IS THE FOLK METAL! (Korpiklaani)

Folk Metal that isn't Black Metal is generally bad.
I really like the Thrash episode where they showed both sides of the 'Metallica's Black album was a sell out' argument. Although I thought there were alot of more double bass in the earlier JP albums, didnt think Overkill was the first. Although, with the next episode being Grunge, probably not gonna be interested in any more episodes :P
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Folk Metal that isn't Black Metal is generally bad?

I think thats preference, because Korpiklaani kicks ass. However, I like all metal, so even Black metal influenced folk metal bands are cool.
Its interesting, maybe not for everyone though.

Like if your expecting lots of sex, blood, and chaos, its not really like that. Its more about interviews and how the hard sound of metal came to be.
Quote by KORRUSK

Like if your expecting lots of sex, blood, and chaos, its not really like that. Its more about interviews and how the hard sound of metal came to be.

I don't think anyone is looking for that, what seems to piss people off is Sam Dunn's ignorance of the genre (course it could just be him wanting ratings, people care about Glam and Thrash more than Black or Death)

What also is annoying is how he plays it off like it's a tourist attraction. Like I said, the only reason I watch his stuff is the interviews.

Especially after watching Until the Light Takes Us, all other Metal documentaries so far have been disappointing in comparison.
Quote by KORRUSK

...What? Why would anyone who wants to know the history of metal be looking for those...This isn't a documentary on medieval England sonny. People are angry because he has a decent opportunity to tell a version that is more informed then previous ones and totally scourers it. I understand one couldn't do an episode on German thrash alone, but that's why you tie it in with the big 4, that way you have a selling point to support the more underground shit, underground shit that probably wouldn't be as underground if useless cunts like Dunn actually did their home work and told people about their influences on the genre, which are massive. This guy is Canadian, and although unlikely, if I ever see this guy around I'm going to give him a verbal ass kicking the likes he has never seen, I'll probably even whip out the P word.
He was in my town and one of my buddy's called him out on his shit, he responded with " at least i like Leprosy", poor guy.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I agree, I wish that he would have covered alot more, and just the way he talks about metal annoys me.

Until The Light Takes Us seems to be talked about here lots, I'll have to watch it. (Black Metal has an interesting history.)
Page 1 of 2