Anyone modded their 3-way RG switch to act as a killswitch in the middle position? I have an RGTXEXFX. Looked for the switch schematic online with no luck. Hoping someone can tell me how to deaden the middle position while leaving the bridge and neck pups as is. Before I dig in and try and err. Thanks in advance!
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Slash Goldtop Les Paul
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
3 way switches can't do that, they're too simple. the default (middle) position has both connections touching the live circuit. Flipping it up or down disconnects one of the circuits, hence why it only activates one of the pickups. Installing an actual kill switch isn't very difficult though, as long as you don't mind drilling a hole into your guitar.

Here, i'll draw you the schematic with ASCII characters

Middle
||||

Bridge
|~|||

Neck
|||~|
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Last edited by mike_oxbig at Jan 1, 2012,
Ok thx a lot. Don't mind installing one, was just hoping to use the switch as I never use the mid pos. Cheers!
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro
Buy something like a Killpot, alot of people are now installing them in their guitars, think you can pick them up for £7 now
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Thx, but it looks like the Shadow Kill Pot comes in 500/250K. I have Blackouts with 25K pots.
Ibanez RGT6 EXFX
Carvin DC-135
Washburn G-5V
Taylor 214CEG

EVH 5150 III
Peavey 6505+
Line 6 Flextone III
50s Valco Supro