I can finally play barre chords but it seems like after 30mins or so of playing songs with barre chords or just playing them for any amount of time i get red and tenderness to the flesh along the bone, will i callous there like on my finger tips and side of my thumb from sliding my hard up and down the fretboard?
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
You can but I've been barring for 10 years and no callous. Just a stronger finger. Also, the pain was reduced greatly after I got rid of my crappy guitar and got both an acoustic and an electric that played like butter. All I have to do is think about touching the fret and the note plays. Your guitars are pretty darn good though, so i'd just wait until you gain the strength and stamina.
Quote by dimarzio77
You can but I've been barring for 10 years and no callous. Just a stronger finger. Also, the pain was reduced greatly after I got rid of my crappy guitar and got both an acoustic and an electric that played like butter. All I have to do is think about touching the fret and the note plays. Your guitars are pretty darn good though, so i'd just wait until you gain the strength and stamina.

I guess everyone is different, cause I've been playing for around 4 years and I have callouses along my first finger from barring.

Just keep doing it, and either you'll develop them or your finger will simply become stronger (like dimarzio77) and you'll be able to play them better
You may. You may not. I only ever had... two calluses from playing, and they subsided quickly. Whether you harden up or stay soft, with time and practice you'll just get used to it. Push through it in the meantime, but be sensible; don't go breaking your skin or anything.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
I've been doing barre chords for 12+ years and I've never developed any callouses along my index finger -- and I do them A LOT. That doesn't mean I have any discomfort from doing them though.

Maybe if I played more acoustic I'd develop the callous. I think it's probably attributed to the individual's unique anatomy; whether you'll develop callouses or not...
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood