Hey, I'm looking for some cheap recording equipment that works decently. Can anyone give me some advice on something that's relatively cheap and with decent sound quality, I'm not looking for anything too expensive or anything professional, just something for my own use (putting songs together with multiple tracks/instruments/etc.)
Thanks
Please define "not too expensive," that statement is extremely vague.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Please define "not too expensive," that statement is extremely vague.

Something that I'm not gonna pay more than what it's worth, a steal, whatever you call it these days
Quote by Streetking07
Something that I'm not gonna pay more than what it's worth, a steal, whatever you call it these days

Try again, using a monetary value, please.

A "steal" and "not too expensive," are all relative to the buyer and mean nothing at all to myself or anyone else trying to help you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Streetking07

So far, we are looking at a range of:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIB-ESI-4-in-4-out-PCI-Audio-Interface-MAYA44-24BIT-96K-/130554590327?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e65a8f477

to

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Audio-Teletronix-LA-2A-LA2A-Tube-Limiter-/120832091003?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2227637b

Both represent a good price for that particular piece of equipment, but neither will be an all-in-one package to get you up and going.

You *really* need to give us a monetary budget and a description of what you want to achieve.

ex. - full bands? or just "a guy and his guitar in his room?"
demo quality? or release quality?
portable?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.