Is anyone into this as much as me? I think it provides a really unique and complex sound and it's really good for Math rock.
That depends. is it Van Halen tapping or the crazy 8 finger things like Buckethead/Chris Broderick/Steve Vai use. i like both but i try to use them in moderation. Theres already one Eddie Van Halen, the world doesnt need another.
Stuff that I bought:

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
I love tapping, but I hate the awful reputation its developed amongst beginners. I can't tell you how many times I've seen some kid go up on stage during a talent show with an Epiphone and roll out Eruption. I'm not sure why it pisses me off though, I just know it doesn't really require that much skill and I guess it just seems like a cheap little trick to me because of that. It also kinda bothers me when people assume Van Halen invented it, but I survive lol it is a very unqique and complex sound, but definitely in moderation. Keep it classy would be the term I suppose. Too much of it can be annoying. I always hold myself back form doing it just because of that, it's practically become tabboo at guitar stores.

Anyways, I recommend checking out some of the early Genesis solos, Steve Hackett was one of the first to really delve into tapping. He doesn't really go overboard like Van Halen, either lol
Quote by Destinyrider22
That depends. is it Van Halen tapping or the crazy 8 finger things like Buckethead/Chris Broderick/Steve Vai use. i like both but i try to use them in moderation. Theres already one Eddie Van Halen, the world doesnt need another.

I do a lot of Math rock tapping, like Tera Melos and Giraffes? Giraffes! if you've heard of it.
I love it if it's used creatively. It sounds terrible when someone sticks to a repeating pattern on a single string. If you can learn it well enough to skip strings and double tap, you can do some really cool stuff.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I love it if it's used creatively. It sounds terrible when someone sticks to a repeating pattern on a single string. If you can learn it well enough to skip strings and double tap, you can do some really cool stuff.

Like this kind of thing is what floats my boat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaYVYNj8dYc
I often play touchstyle on my eight-string. It's fun playing guitar like a piano.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
I've found myself growing out of the Van Halen style of tapping however I love Randy Rhoads and his tapping solos so I'm not completely tossing it. I've started to get into Scale the Summit style multi string tapping and have incorporated it into a lot of my acoustic playing.
Tapping is one of my favorite techniques.

I've been spending some time lately learning some scale the summit and Symphony X songs.

Chris letchford (Scale the summit) and Michael Romeo (Symphony x) are imo 2 of the most top notch tappers. There tapping stuff sound so damn good!
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
You guys are suggesting a lot of tappers that I am not familiar with. I'll have to check them out.
Yeah, I've been getting into Obscura and Arsis lately and they tap a lot. Gives you that awesome liquid sound!
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Quote by LordPino
Yeah, I've been getting into Obscura and Arsis lately and they tap a lot. Gives you that awesome liquid sound!

Yeah death metal tapping can get pretty intense.
reb beach is considered a van halen clone but the way he taps on multiple strings is really smooth! you should check him out
Tapping is a really interesting technique and, given practice, can do far more than about any other technique. It's got all the advantages of string skipping, but it has a far more fluid sound and it has even more options. I really want to get better at touch-style tapping.