Hey guys, I didn't know where to put this and I couldn't find a thread with this question. (At least not going through 100+ threads.)

So I got gift cards to guitar center for christmas and I was wondering if you can combine them with cash? Like say your bill is $30 and you have a $20 gift card. Could you add the $10 left in cash (sounds a bit stupid lol)? Something like that. Thanks....its late im outta it, its 5:20am lol.
They probably prefer it because it means you're spending more money.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
no you have to buy another gift card with the money first them you spend the 2 gift cards
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
no you have to buy another gift card with the money first them you spend the 2 gift cards

This.

I went in there once with a $20 gift card and attempted to buy an amp and they told me that if I wanted to use the gift card I would have to buy more gift cards first to make up the difference or just pay the entire price in cash...
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
You have to buy a giftcard to buy a giftcard though, then you can make up the difference from the first giftcard with the giftcard you just bought with the giftcard as well as use your original giftcard
Quote by sam b
You have to buy a giftcard to buy a giftcard though, then you can make up the difference from the first giftcard with the giftcard you just bought with the giftcard as well as use your original giftcard

Nah dude, you're forgetting that first you have to return your original gift card and get store credit, then you buy a 2nd gift card with the store credit. Only then can you get another gift card.
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
Most stores now require you to sell the gift card for approximate value, then buy a new gift card of approximate double value to cover administration costs.
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570