I just wondering what all of you guys think about the strap height when you are playing in a gig. I like mine low but i can not reach a couple of note. When i set it to the normal height (in front of belly) i can reach all the note in the guitar but i'm not comfortable with that , but when i lowered it , it's hard to play but i'm cool with it. What about you ?
I have to have mine pretty high because it hurts my wrist if i play with it too low, and i struggle to reach some notes
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
Play at a comfortable height that lets you easily reach all the notes. Not one's going to care about the height of the guitar as long as you play it well.
I have mine pretty high, not only is it comfortable to play but I like how it looks on me
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

It depends on which guitar I use. For my explorer, low is the easiest way to play it for me. Because theres great upper fret access, I can reach all the notes The way its shaped and angled just makes it easier to pick and palm mute properly when its low down. My Les Paul on the other hand is easier a bit higher up because again, the way its shaped and the fret access :P
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
not to high and not to low.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
but when i set it high , it makes me harder to do palm muting. It is easier when the strap is lowered , but when i do it , it makes me crazy when i do the song's solo. This can be solved when there are two guitarist in a band , but unfortunately i'm the one and only guitarist in my band as lead and rhythm at once. Any opinion ?
Last edited by visinsita at Jan 1, 2012,
Try diff positions and see what feels comfortable to you, but still alows you to do both very easy.

I really cant belive this post, it's pretty stupid that a giging guitarist needs help with his strap position. Sorry it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out to try diff adjustments. I mean monkeys use sticks as tools, and they learned that by themselves...........Have a good new year
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Jan 1, 2012,
This really isn't that big of a deal. Try out a few positions. You want to maximize comfort, not worry about how you look. Stage image can be important, but that isn't necessarily intertwined with strap height.

Personally I laugh whenever I see guitarists fumbling across the stage like gorillas with guitars dangling by their knees.
I wear my guitars around the same height slash wear's his. its nothing to do with him but I just like how it feels alot more casual =)

but because I play LP's and Explorer's and they are rather heavy guitars, Iv been getting really bad back ache from them recently so I may have to go a couple of months wearing them abit higher up.
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
When recording, I have my guitar as high as possible.

Live, I keep it at my waist.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Dave Frenzy
I wear my guitars around the same height slash wear's his. its nothing to do with him but I just like how it feels alot more casual =)

but because I play LP's and Explorer's and they are rather heavy guitars, Iv been getting really bad back ache from them recently so I may have to go a couple of months wearing them abit higher up.

I can't play with the same height as slash , i mean wow he can solo so cleanly at that height ! when i'm playing rhythm maybe i wear it at the same height as slash did.
I like mine quite low but since breaking my wrist I've had to sling it much higher so my wrist stays straight.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I adjust so that if the neck is pefectly perpendicular to my body, it is about in line with my hips. Not too low, but far from high. I CANNOT play my galloping/tremelo/chugga-chug-chug riffs sitting down or with the guitar slung high. Matter of fact, I simply don't play sitting down - EVER. And when I need to get shreddy, I angle the neck up and have no problem reaching any of the frets.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood