Hi guys I want ask you an opinion:
I want buy one of the two guitar below:
-ESP LTD EX-401FM
http://www.espguitars.com//guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/ex-401fm.html
-Epiphone "1958" Explorer Goth
http://www.espguitars.com//guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/ex-401fm.html

but I can't decide myself what do you suggest me??
I listen metal music ,band like Metallica, Children Of Bodom , Fear Factory.
I read a lot of review about these two guitar, and all are good.

Thanks
The LTD neck will definitely be thinner than the epi neck, and as Lespauljames said the Epiphone pickups are pretty crappy but get the one you find most comfortable, you can always switch the pickups later.
I have a ESP and the neck is much "V" like
"I've said that playing the blues is like having to be black twice. Stevie Ray Vaughan missed on both counts, but I never noticed. "
B. B. King

Quote by slash_GNR666
I prefer to play with your mother

But I suppose guitar will have to do
That ESP would be amazing for a metal sound. It's such an upgrade to the Epi, that Epi wouldn't sound to good really. They're complete opposite ends. That Esp would be amazing. If you're keen for an Epi look for the high end Lp models. Like the custom
Gear:

Electric Guitars:
Squier Bullet Strat
Ibanez RG350MDX
Gibson SG

Acoustic Guitars:
Tanglewood Roadster

Pedals:
Boss MT-2
Dunlop Crybaby Classic

Amp:
Vox VT40 Plus Valvetronix

R.I.P Cobain, Burton, Dio, Bonham, Mercury
Quote by RiseTheFallen
The LTD neck will definitely be thinner than the epi neck, and as Lespauljames said the Epiphone pickups are pretty crappy but get the one you find most comfortable, you can always switch the pickups later.

Thank you guys......however I was thinking about change the pickups , put the EMG on the Epi but how much it will cost me? I'm from italy maybe the cost are different, so give me only an opinion if it's very expensive or I can do it by myself ......... thank again \m/
It'll cost you quite a bit to do that. Virtually all the wiring would have to be replaced. New pots, new capacitor, finding a space for a battery and a new jack. The selector can be kept though. But i would replace it for a Switchcraft selector just because they last a lot longer.

Its possible to do but i wouldn't do it if you don't have much soldering experience. I do know that EMG does make the process a lot simpler by using 3-pin connectors, so you don't need to solder the pickups in and they also supply jacks with 3-pin connectors, so you don't have to solder them either. But the pots will defiantly need soldering.

It may be worth it if you do this because you'll get the Epi for a lot less than the LTD and it'll sound at least as good as the LTD after the EMG's are put in it. You'll also have some cash left over to get the Epi playing really nicely with a good setup.

The other option is to get a good guitar right out of the box with the LTD.

But i wouldn't order anything before you try it. Thinner necks don't nessesarily mean you can shred faster on them. That's a very common misconception. Its the neck that's the most comfortable in your hands that'll let you shred faster. The neck on the Epi won't be much thicker than on the LTD but the pickups will need to be changed on the Epi. I don't even know why Epiphone even bothers with those pickups. Their crappyness means they're getting fewer sales.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 3, 2012,