So I went to a small guitar shop in t' North, saw this Tube Screamer in the cabinet and it had no price. The guy at the shop was pricing it and researched for about 5 mins so sold it to me for 125 GBP. I've researched it and found out it's an Original MIJ Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer. WINNING!

I tried it out in the shop, through a Joe Satriani Signature, into a small Blackstar combo, and WOW this pedal is Immense! It has this beautiful silky and bassy tone, with either a small little crunch or colossal distortion. The pedal has the original first edition chip in it, so you get those artist tones that you dream of. It also has a brilliant Mid Tone boost.

The pedal has three knobs; Drive, Tone and Level. It runs from a 9V battery or and external 9V power supply, and the whole pedal is activated from a metal dip switch, which is a bit odd compared to the systems on Boss or EHX pedals. The pedal is finished in a vibrant neon green, which is pretty hard to see in the picture, but IRL is super bright.

Overall this pedal is bloody amazing! The boosts and distortion on it are incredible and it range is so wide you can achieve any tone. And the fact that's it an original 1981 one makes it all the more amazing.
OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
1981? Are you sure? I thought the TS-9 came out a few years later than that. I bought my first tubescreamer in 1981 and I'm pretty sure the TS-808 was the only one available at that time.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Well, from research the start of the serial indicates that it's from '81, and in the manual it says "printed in 1981". I'm going to get it professionally checked out though.
OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
What's the serial number?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I haven't got it with me at the moment but I'm sure it starts with 184
OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
That would indeed make it a 1981. The first digit is the year.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I've researched it and apparently a few were made in '81, and apparently theyre worth a fair bit.
OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
Well, I thought they were released in 1982 and I was around back then. You've scored well.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Phantom14
I've researched it and apparently a few were made in '81, and apparently theyre worth a fair bit.

I wouldn't expect a huge profit. You paid around the going rate. Cool pedals though. I've had an '82, an '81 TS808 and currently have an '84 ST9, which is like a TS9 on steroids.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
congrats!

and it's "kawasaki" green to be specific.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.