I'm running an MI Audio Tube Zone overdrive into my amp currently and whenever it is turned on, I'm getting this crackly static that's almost as loud as my playing.
I've changed guitars and cables with no diffrerence just to rule them out.
It's just really been a problem today, but thinking about it, it has been present (just not as bad) maybe since I got the pedal a few years back.

My guess is radio interference, but I'm not certain and I definitely don't know how to fix it.

I apologise for three threads in 2 days, but you guys are great

Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Jan 1, 2012,
Yeah, it's an Orange Tiny Terror and it only makes the noise (which really does sound like radio static) when I switch the pedal on.
And, no, it makes the noise whenever the pedal is on. It used to be only at stupidly high gain settings but now it happens even at mild overdrive settings.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Well that doesn't rule the amp out. It could be the added gain going into the amp that is causing the amp to make noise. It could be inaudible until you add the extra gain of the pedal which boosts the noise so it's audible.

Can you try another gain pedal on the amp? Does it only do it while your at home? Meaning have you tried the amp/pedal anywhere else other than your home?

Also trying the pedal on another tube amp would be a good thing.

What are you using to power the pedal?

I had an amp come in for repair that had this static/bacon sizzling sound that was supposedly getting worse over time. I cleaned the tube sockets and the tube pins with alcohol and the noise went away.

I cleaned the pins of the tube, stuck it in the socket, pulled it out, stuck it in, wiped it with alcohol and repeated. I did this for each tube and waited for it all do dry, turned it on and worked great. It was just dirty/corroded pins/sockets.
I can turn the gain up on the amp itself without issue and I've got Big Muff lying around that I could try but I would have to wait a few hours (it's 4:30am).

I don't have any other valve amps but I'll try it through my old crappy practice amp and my bass amp to see what it does.

To power it I'm using a fairly cheap 9v wall adapter but I tried it with a battery too. It was slightly less noisy with the battery but not enough to be usable for recording.

I haven't tried it anywhere but the corner of the room it's currently in so I'll move it around the house tomorrow and see if anything changes.

Thanks for the help so far.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid