No, the threads about new year aren't over.

Here's my list from 2010 with strikethroughs over what I completed

• Gain an additional 10-15 kg (90kg bodyweight being my goal)
  • Increase bench with 50 kg, deadlift and squat with more
  • Be more social
  • Join a volunteering group
  • Start dating more
  • Stop procastrinating
  • Do some travelling
  • Get a motorcycle

It went so-so. There's always this year for the things I missed

How about YOU?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
lolno

I wrote them down somewhere but I don't remember what they were.

edit: here they are:

1. improve penmanship (didn't even know I wanted to do this)
2. get at least 6 hours of sleep every night (ha)
3. practice dance for an hour daily (sorta did this but not every day)
4. learn to cook without relying on a recipe (ha)
5. recycle more often (this is the only one I did properly and I annoyed the shit out of everyone I know by doing this)
6. clean room every 3 months (ha)
7. speak Tamil more often (I did, but that just means I went from not speaking it at all to teaching one of my friends how to swear in Tamil)
cat
Last edited by guitarxo at Jan 1, 2012,
lol no

edit: Damn it
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 1, 2012,
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

No way.

EDIT: Nevermind, I did actually. I wanted to have better university attendance and I did this in the fall semester and had a lot more success because of it. Go figure. I'm sure I had many other new year's resolutions that I can't even remember from last year. I'm going to write mine down this year and they're much more straightforward and attainable goals.
Last edited by Pud at Jan 1, 2012,
Don't think so... can't remember if I made any though.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
so far kensai is the only proficient UGer

I don't think I made any ololol
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Yes. Mine was to be more negative.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
  • Get a motorcycle

lolfag
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
My resolution was to run 1000 km, which I did
DeVillains!
I don't do resolutions, but i think I wrote down a plan for what I wanted to achieve in the year.

But since my old laptop gave in last month I've lost it so Have no idea what I put down.

I know one of them was to get in better shape. I think that went well, right up until I started working full time
The only ones I remember were write more, workout more, and get a girlfriend. I accomplished the girlfriend thin, and the rest ****ed right off.
This year my only one is to have a good time, and diversify my taste in music and movies, two things I'm already pretty good at. I'd also like to make a short film. I'm 15 and broke, so it'll be shit, but I wanna do it anyway, just for the shit of it. The problem is I don't know anyone who'd do it with me.
Last year I didn't make any.

The years before that, I always said 'get a job'. I never achieved that, but last year I did.
Here were mine:

PASS
1) Finish the year with 1/4 of my annual salary in the bank
2) Finally get a Custom 24 and a high-end amplifier
3) Record a few instrumental tracks for a learning experience
4) Cut down the amount I invest in my race car - PASS - sold the damn thing
5) Get a promotion - Bonus points! Promoted early in the year, but then moved 900 miles and got a new job with a better title.

FAIL
1) Eliminate all coffee from my diet - FAIL, but I did cut my coffee intake by 50%
2) Stop getting screwed over all the time - M...M...M...MEGA FAIL
3) Increase sweep picking proficiency to be able to play Psalm of Lydia at 75% speed - Only got to 50%
4) Start working out again - Failed because I have a major deviation in my wrist and I can't get surgery on it until next month or so. Luckily it doesn't affect my guitar playing. Only things I could do were abdominal and leg exercises and I didn't keep up with it.
5) Increase my body weight by 15lbs with minimal impact to body fat % - Only got to 12lbs, but at least my BMI is perfect now.

When I write it out like this, 2011 sounds pretty nice. It was one hell of a weird year for me. Early on, things started to go quite well, but took a steep downhill turn in the Spring. When Summer rolled around, the family decided to move and asked me to join them. I left my job, sold 90% of what I owned, moved 900 miles to where I am now, and started over fresh. I now have a great job again, and, well, still no friends or anything. Man, I live like a divorced 50 year old and I'm only 23.
I can't even remember if I made any resolutions last year.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.