I found this on CL this morning. He wants $50obo for the guitar and amp, and I obviously don't need the amp, so it may end up being even less. I have already asked about some specifics about the guitar (origin, info on the crack, etc), so I don't have too much to say about it yet. It is missing the tremolo springs (which are easy to replace), and it has a pretty gnarly crack in the back and some scrapes on the cutaways, it appears. I also have questions as to whether or not this is a real Fender. The headstock looks odd.

If the crack is simply a finish crack and nothing detrimental to the functionality of the guitar, would this be worth pursuing?

Thank you

Here is the post verbatim:
"This guitar doesn't have the springs in back and is cracked. I used [them] for decoration. Have both items $50obo."

Pics

PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
Bad pics but it looks like those large fender headstocks. I'm no fender guru though.

And theres something on the 12th fret.......
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Ask if anybody has called on it. Offer like $30 and see if they take it. The amp could be resold for $30 ....maybe at least $20 so the whole deal wouldnt be much of a loss.
Looks like maybe a Maher strat copy.....could just be about any kind of copy.
What the hell!!!
I would post better pictures if I could, but I can't. I only have what was posted on the add.

And I had a gut feeling that it was a weird copy of some sort, but I was kinda hoping it wouldn't be. I'm still waiting for the guy to get back to me. I'll report back when he does.
There's no way that's just a finish crack, it's a split in the wood.

If it IS a Fender, which I doubt, then it's a completely knackered one lol
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
There's no way that's just a finish crack, it's a split in the wood.

If it IS a Fender, which I doubt, then it's a completely knackered one lol

Thanks. That's all I was looking for. I'll stay away from this one, then.
Id still check it out. It's real tough from those pics to tell if it's a fake. If it were a Fender (or even a Squire) and had all that mojo I'd rock that bitch on stage with pride.