Get it!!! I was looking for an acoustic guitar, and had my heart set on a Taylor 414ce. I'm not going to say the seagull is better than it, but, I just couldn't afford a $1,900 guitar. I ended up picking up the Seagull and I'm blown away. It sounds just as nice, if not better than my buddy's Taylor 214ce. The Taylor plays just a little bit better in my opinion but, it's $600 more. So, if you're looking for a budget acoustic, get this, it's amazing. Hope I can help someone decide .
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I'll second that. Seagull's are, in my opinion, some of the best guitars for the money on the market right now. While I'e played plenty of nicer guitars, they were also a great deal more expensive.

I will throw the disclaimer that if you don't like a very wide neck, they may not be the guitars for you. They do make a few models that have a slimmer neck, but the majority of them seem to have a wider neck than most guitars on the market.
"Here I sit, beneath a lonely line."

~iband48's signature
Congratulations! The Seagull S6 is a fine guitar -- I think you made the right choice in comparison to the Taylor 214. The 414 is a good guitar, too, but I think your choice is more guitar for the money.
I've been playing Seagulls for years, they are the best acoustics for the money hands down! I'd recommend them to anyone on a budget over their more expensive counterparts.
the seagull original s6 is a wonderful guitar, one of the best sounding solid tops around. and for those who prefer a slender neck, the s6 slim is the same guitar as the original but with a thinner neck.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I am definitely wanting to get one of these guitars. Could anyone possibly tell me how the action is? I definitely want an acoustic that has relatively low action.
the action was too high for me on both the seagulls i owned. just have it lowered by a tech or a luthier and you'll be ready to go. i always have my guitars set up, and usually have the action lowered.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Quote by Dpullam
I am definitely wanting to get one of these guitars. Could anyone possibly tell me how the action is? I definitely want an acoustic that has relatively low action.
The trick is not to expect the action of a new guitar to be a low as you'd like. Most of the time it isn't.

You should always look at how much "meat" is showing on the bridge saddle, and how much you expect to shave off, in the process of lowering the action to where you want it.

If the new guitar's saddle is riding nice and high in the bridge, then most likely the neck is on at the correct angle and you will be successful with the set up.
I have never ever ever seen one let alone tried one.. stupid aussie stores..
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Thanks for the information captaincranky. I have one more question if anyone would be kind enough to answer. How much would it cost to get the action lowered if I had to? (just an average)
Last edited by Dpullam at Jan 9, 2012,
i've heard of setups being as low as $35 and as high as $75.
Quote by Skeet UK
I found a seagull s6 in a pawn shop a couple of years ago.
got it for $150.
replace pins and saddle with tusg.
Shave the saddle as low as she would go.
Kept the orginal bone nut on it.
Action is still a bit high up the neck but managable.
great tone. Near as I can figure it is an 89 manufacture date.
truss rod has no more room for adjustment.
bought a gator case, so I figure I have about 275 in it.
Tone is great, but barreing below the 5th fret is dicey.
Pawn shop rescue was fun.
Seems like Seagulls age well.