Basically, how many Zack Wylde Overdrive pedals are there?!

Because look, there are two reviews on ultimate guitar -
1) http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_effects/mxr/zw-44_zakk_wylde_overdrive/index.html

2) http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/guitar_effects/dunlop/mxr_zw-44_zakk_wylde_overdrive_pedal/index.html

I am interested in getting the first one as the reviews are great and it looks like what i want!
1)http://www.gak.co.uk/en/mxr-zw-44-wylde-overdrive/4732

2) http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/pedals_s_detail.asp?stock=11021411504928

There are the two being sold on different sites, the second one seems to a Berzerker pedal and is a yellow/orange colour whereas number one has a solid white background.

Sorry if i am losing the plot!
No i dont need a new amp my amp is fine i just read the reviews about it adding like a brilliant sound to an already dirty amp sound to create an even better lead tone, so if there's only one why is there two reviews for it? And the reviews are quite different! :S
He has many. It is boring me too. But as i know it is only look, but the ZW44 Berzerker Overdrive is the only different one. It is only used to boost the amp anyway. Get a marshall avt and boost it with that. Or get MXR 10 Band EQ an 78' Custom Badass Distortion.
They just rebranded it and gave it a new name. It's the same as the original. Still looks ugly though. The MXR Classic Overdrive is much cheaper and has a switch that can change it from the MXR Zakk Wylde OD to the MXR GT-OD. It's only 40 bucks.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
There's only one being made, but I believe it has gone through many shades of gray and white. I'm pretty sure the orange one is a chorus. Could be a distortion.

The orange one is a phazer
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
that only works really on a tube amp, though. you have a tube amp, right?

as far as i'm aware the zakk wylde od is just a (possibly lightly modified) sd1. and i mean any half-decent od pedal will give you an even better lead tone if you add it to an already dirty (tube amp) tone. that's kinda one of the main uses for them, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no, they just changed the name and design on the pedal. It's still the same ZW-44 as the other one
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
What you need is a new amp.

preferably a peavey 6505
Marshall 50 Watt Vintage Modern
Marshall 1960AV
Fender Custom Shop Strat
Ibanez Prestige RG3120
Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster
Strymon Mobius
TC Polytune
TC Flashback
Mad Professor LGW
Fulltone OCD
JOYO Vintage OD
Behringer EQ700
Quote by cemges
He has many. It is boring me too. But as i know it is only look, but the ZW44 Berzerker Overdrive is the only different one. It is only used to boost the amp anyway. Get a marshall avt and boost it with that. Or get MXR 10 Band EQ an 78' Custom Badass Distortion.

eww
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by jonny_page
No i dont need a new amp my amp is fine i just read the reviews about it adding like a brilliant sound to an already dirty amp sound to create an even better lead tone, so if there's only one why is there two reviews for it? And the reviews are quite different! :S

1st-

2nd- I only found this
Quote by cemges

only spotted this now

in my experience the avt hated being boosted
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'll pass on boosting a marshall avt seeing as i dont have that amp i asked about 2 pedals! and no i've had the peavey 6505 and its nothing special
Quote by jonny_page
no i've had the peavey 6505 and its nothing special

Now you're REALLY sounding like a troll.

A lot of UG people say 'new amp' because kids roll through here with their Ibanez Toneblaster or Marshall MG or Line 6 Spider and think that a pedal will fix their issues, when it won't.

For curiosity's sake: what amp are you using?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Haha i was kinda being sarcastic :L but yeah i had the head and it just didn't really suit my preference, i have a Blackstar HT Stage 100
I have used an AVT 100 watt , but i dont remember which model. Maybe something like 175. So, i had a Gibson Les Paul Custom 1979, and man, i didn't hear any setup better then this. Without any boost, it had so perfect old rock n roll sound with OD1 and had a perfect heavy distortion with OD2, I mean I didn't cange the setting never again. It sounded that good. I am still using the same setup on studio of my school, and it is just perfect. If you heard it too, you'd see my point. Not needing in changing any of settings. So yeah, avt models are awesome. AND! Zakk wylde uses that pedal with a Marshall tube amp.
well the avt isn't a tube amp

and mine hated being boosted, the sound would cut out and guff like that. i sold mine
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by cemges
I have used an AVT 100 watt , but i dont remember which model. Maybe something like 175. So, i had a Gibson Les Paul Custom 1979, and man, i didn't hear any setup better then this. Without any boost, it had so perfect old rock n roll sound with OD1 and had a perfect heavy distortion with OD2, I mean I didn't cange the setting never again. It sounded that good. I am still using the same setup on studio of my school, and it is just perfect. If you heard it too, you'd see my point. Not needing in changing any of settings. So yeah, avt models are awesome. AND! Zakk wylde uses that pedal with a Marshall tube amp.

It's barely a step above MG series.

Go troll somewhere else.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
So much hate on a question about whether there was two of this kind of pedal aha!
Quote by jonny_page
Haha i was kinda being sarcastic :L but yeah i had the head and it just didn't really suit my preference, i have a Blackstar HT Stage 100

Alright, no worries.

I've heard good things about the ZW-44 but if what people are saying is true, then the other MXR ODs are similar enough/the same circuit that you can get the same sound for cheaper. Unless you really want the graphics of the ZW-44, then I'd go for one of those.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Alright, no worries.

I've heard good things about the ZW-44 but if what people are saying is true, then the other MXR ODs are similar enough/the same circuit that you can get the same sound for cheaper. Unless you really want the graphics of the ZW-44, then I'd go for one of those.

Yeah i understand what you mean, i'll try them both out and see if i can notice a major difference
Quote by Raijouta
Now you're REALLY sounding like a troll.

That term gets thrown around so much people have forgotten the meaning.

I don't care much for a 6505, does that make me a troll? I think the 6505 is a one-trick pony, and Mesa's are dated. So I must be a troll.
Twitter
Soundcloud

ESP LTD EC-500
Krank Krankenstein
Krank Krankenstein 4x12 Cabinet
Alesis M-EQ 230
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Jim Dunlop Cry Baby GC95
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2