I know I posted something similar but I've just noticed something different, when I touch either the EMG 81 or 85, I get a very loud buzz, holding the jack and touching reduces it to a cackle but its still quite audiable.

Im confident the wiring is correct, including at the jack as i've gone over it all more times than I care to count, as well as trying different leads and pots. And the battery is new.

I've heard this means its a bad ground, but I cant find much on google. And as its both pickups this occurs on, would it be the pups or the bus?

I'm clueless to be honest, a bit pi**ed if this is the case as I don't expect this from a pup set costing £120.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n488/cg256/ <-- photos are here, tried to upload to UG but they were too big apparently. Couldnt get a clear photo of the board but the general wiring and jack are clear enough.

Yeah the bridge ground was removed, and I'm pretty sure I've got the jack right, I have tried it in as many combinations I could think of.
Quote by CNX94
http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/n488/cg256/ <-- photos are here, tried to upload to UG but they were too big apparently. Couldnt get a clear photo of the board but the general wiring and jack are clear enough.

Yeah the bridge ground was removed, and I'm pretty sure I've got the jack right, I have tried it in as many combinations I could think of.

So you've got this?

Sleeve - Ground
Ring - 9V negative
Tip - Hot
Yeah and I've tried swapping the white and black paired wires around but I get the same problem, I know the picture differs from what it says in the wiring diagram (which is what I tried first and the order you mentioned) but both cause the pickups to buzz/crackle when touched and both produce a buzz unless I touch the jack.
Ok so I had a brainwave, and its one that works

After trying every combo I could think of, it buzzed like hell. Since I believed this to be an earthing issue, I connected a wire to the earth jack wire to the spare ground socket on the board, and it works, no buzz, no crackle when I touch the pickups and all the pots work properly

I still havent fully diagnosed the issue but it seems to be a faulty plug on the board, so its probably worthy of being returned under warranty but they took long enough to get here due to xmas post, I dont particularly want to wait another fortnight for them to go too and fro Germany.

Thanks to the people who did make suggestions, and I hope this helps anyone who may encounter a similar issue, as cases seem to be quite rare (judging by the lack of google results).

Of course this is a temporary fix, I would urge people to see a technician or get it replaced, but its good enough for me at this moment in time.