I get the concept of vowel modification, but I'm having trouble with placing it in the mask and doing it correctly. Could someone please explain where and how to modify vowels?
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
For the most part, as long as you are keeping an open throat, the vowels will shape themselves. There is more to it than that, but a type-written explanation will probably just be lengthy and confusing.

Just don't make funny faces while you sing. It isn't necessary.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Pick a note that's relatively high for you, but not at the top of your range. Try and sing that note with a long e vowel as in "See". You'll notice your larynx has a STRONG tendency to rise. The idea with vowel modification is that you'll want to sing that vowel while keeping your larynx lower. However, by doing that, the vowel starts to morph into either a long a (as in "Say") or an ih as in "Pick".
The benefits of doing this are that, well, especially in higher ranges, it makes hitting vowels relatively easier. That being said, you can also completely throw off the song if you're shifting your vowels so much that the words themselves are sounding different
Quote by sporkman7
so what wierd things can u guys do? no not like laser vision or meat vision or something, but like random stuff that usually comes in handy