look at how close it is to fret#1 and look at the bridge too. The nut could be messesd up.
What the hell!!!
Quote by Gazbaz77
Hi, I have noticed when the Hige E is unfretted in doesn't sound right, most noticed when I do an A chord, I'ts in tune but kinda rings out.

Does this sound right?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Gazbaz77/music/all/play1073519

How old are the strings?
What kind of guitar is it?
have you dropped it or something else?
Did you like play it yesterday, and noticed it today, or has it been a while since you played it?
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
How old are the strings?
What kind of guitar is it?
have you dropped it or something else?
Did you like play it yesterday, and noticed it today, or has it been a while since you played it?

Hi, it's a Les Paul Epiphone, not dropped or banged into anything, It was doing this last month but had to put it away for a while as I have just had my wrist operated on, but like I say it was doing this a month or so back. The strings are about 3 month old but I was having problems with another string so took it back to the store and he changed that string and said all the others were fine, that's the reason I haven't changed them. But it just doesn't sound right to me, sounds fine when fretted.
Quote by Gazbaz77
Hi, it's a Les Paul Epiphone, not dropped or banged into anything, It was doing this last month but had to put it away for a while as I have just had my wrist operated on, but like I say it was doing this a month or so back. The strings are about 3 month old but I was having problems with another string so took it back to the store and he changed that string and said all the others were fine, that's the reason I haven't changed them. But it just doesn't sound right to me, sounds fine when fretted.

Take it back to the guy that changed the string.. have him check the nut..

sounds like it's cut too low on that string..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
Take it back to the guy that changed the string.. have him check the nut..

sounds like it's cut too low on that string..

Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure it didn't sound right to other guitar players and not just me imagining it, as I pointed this out to him and he said it was fine.

Thanks again
Quote by Gazbaz77
Ok thanks, just wanted to make sure it didn't sound right to other guitar players and not just me imagining it, as I pointed this out to him and he said it was fine.

Thanks again

No Problem..

he said it was fine? ... Hmmm.... sounds to me like a tech taking advantage of a beginner... I hate that...

next time you go in, tell him to check the nut, and make sure that there is enough relief in the neck... and that you know it's one of these problems because if it was a low action problem, it would get worse or wouldnt change when it's fretted.. not better...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!