Grunge
3 2%
Alternative
7 6%
Other
32 26%
Voters: 121.
Page 1 of 2
Pit what do you think the 12's music interest will be? We have a bunch of metal heads and indie kids it seems like. What do you think?
Not very different then 2011.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
..Since when the fudge does music taste depend on your UG join date?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
A greater appreciation for bluegrass, blues, country, jazz, old time, ragtime, and western would be nice, but I'd imagine that it would be highly unlikely.

Quote by Krieger91
..Since when the fudge does music taste depend on your UG join date?

I don't think he's referring to join date.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Some band will do something a little different that still appeals to fans of the regular ol' stuff and then a lot of other bands will try to copy that sound.

That's how stuff changes.
Something you've never heard.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
There'll probably be a lot of pop music in the charts, and in the periphery there will be some metal, some country/western, some jazz, some blues, some electronica, some rap, and lots of other stuff that I can't think of at the moment. But there will be far, far more bands/artists/projects in all of these genres than any one person can know, listen to and appreciate. And since recordings of past artists are still being piled up, in 2012 there will be more music around for people to listen to than at any point in history, so there's something for everyone really
Rock and roll that sounds like if Dave Grohl's music had a baby with Allison Mosshart's music.

Pop that sounds like dubstep.

Dubstep that sounds like pop with spoken word breakdowns and builds, because of hipsters.

And more Asian vocalists.
I'm betting on Skrillex-type dubstep everywhere and more bubblegum plastic pop trash...

and then there'll be some great albums like 11's Helplessness Blues, King of Limbs, etc.
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Gangsta Rap Dubstep
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
Gangsta Rap Dubstep
Almost there...
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
I think more indie music will break into the mainstream, following Foster the People's success. I also agree wubstep will be integrated (much like rap has been) into bubblegum shit; whether or not dubstep as a whole will continue to enjoy success like it has had in 2011 is yet to be seen.

I hope: more funk integration into rock music, following RHCP's lead, at least rhythmically.
Comic

SAAAAAAAAANNNNNSSSS!!!!
Old news ^ EDIT to dubstep breakdowns/music having dubstep influence

I can see metal having more complete genre shifts mid song, see BTBAM, Painted in Exiles "Skylines", and August Burns Red's Internal Cannon
NOPE
Last edited by Nakon14 at Jan 1, 2012,
Quote by jeffbecklad
I think more indie music will break into the mainstream, following Foster the People's success. I also agree wubstep will be integrated (much like rap has been) into bubblegum shit; whether or not dubstep as a whole will continue to enjoy success like it has had in 2011 is yet to be seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9CALKOvAI&ob=av3e#t=2m5s

Hmm...
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Not very different then 2011.

This.

Related: I hope 2012 brings the death of brocore breakdown bands and 'djent'
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by due 07
More wubstep and wubstep influence on top 40 type music.

sadly this
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by Doppelgänger
metalcore w/ dubstep breakdowns

Lord have mercy.
Quote by theogonia777
A greater appreciation for bluegrass, blues, country, jazz, old time, ragtime, and western would be nice, but I'd imagine that it would be highly unlikely.

We can only hope.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by theogonia777
A billion e-cookies for you. Just add in swing, gypsy, big band and folk to the mix.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Same horrible pop music.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Spartan101400
Jazz Thrash fusion

This i actually want too see this. Want to start the first band of it lol.
Page 1 of 2