Hello all,

I have quite a bit of equipment that is MIDI controllable, and for the most part I have separate footswitch controllers.

I was wondering if there are MIDI controllers that have multiple outputs to control multiple pieces of equipment with a single tap. I might need to have a signal splitter in my rig somewhere, but would prefer to control absolutely everything via MIDI.

I apologize if this is a stupid question.
The purpose of the MIDI out and thru ports is so you can daisy chain multiple MIDI devices to one controller and control all of them--and even have some of the MIDI devices doing the controlling.

So you don't need a controller with multiple outs. You just daisy chain. Here's a crude example:

Controller ---> Device 1 MIDI in -- Device 1 MIDI thru ---> Device 2 MIDI in -- Device 2 MIDI thru ---> Device 3 MIDI in

In the above example, the single controller connects only to device 1 but can control all 3 devices because of the MIDI thru connectivity. Hope that makes sense.
You don't want to chain up more than about three though because latency starts to be an issue.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You don't want to chain up more than about three though because latency starts to be an issue.

But that's usually only when you use the MIDI out. Typically, MIDI thru eliminates the issue (and it was latency that actually spurred the development of the MIDI thru port). Of course, it all hinges on the individual manufacturers' implementation of MIDI thru. But if it is done "right" then there should be no latency regardless of how many devices are chained via MIDI thru.