Page 1 of 6
The opposite of the other thread. Post band that you used to love that you don't like anymore.

For me:

Winds of Plague
Millencolin
Bad Religion
Metallica
PM me for newts
U2. I still listen to them occasionally, but their new album was terrible and Bono's a dick.

Edit: They used to be my all time favorite band too.
Sex Pistols fo sho. But they were a huge part in shaping my music-listening, so idgaf. Also, I was totally into Muse for a couple months a few years ago, but I don't like 'em anymore.
hair metal

used to be all i listen to, dont anymore. i dont hate it, i just ignore it
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
A Day to Remember. Don't hate them, but I'm not interested in them anymore..
There are plenty of bands that I don't listen to anymore, but Evanescence is the only one that just annoys the hell out of me whenever I hear them now.
37N
Pantera.

Glad that's over though.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Red Hot Chili Peppers
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Beatles
Megadeth
Slayer
Pantera
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Guns N' Roses
Led Zeppelin
Metallica
Megadeth
Mötley Crue
Dio
Hardcore Superstar
Dire Straits
Backyard Babies
Crashdiet
Dragonforce

Most hardrock/heavy metal really. I find it to be vain and pointless music with boring lyrics, cliché structures and lame image/attitude.

And AC/DC although I have never ever loved them. Used to like a few songs but now I absolutely despise them. Safe to say it's one of the most pointless bands I've ever heard and the fact that people love it is just beyond me.

But apart from this forum I never come into contact with this music anymore. And I try to ignore the subject as much as possible as I have little if nothing to say. I don't like it, that's it. There's no point to be made for me to state how useless they are anymore really. I just ignore it and listen to stuff I like instead.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 1, 2012,
Staind.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
And AC/DC although I have never ever loved them. Used to like a few songs but now I absolutely despise them. Safe to say it's one of the most pointless bands I've ever heard and the fact that people love it is just beyond me.

+1000
These aren't bands I hate, but rather don't care much for anymore:

- Bad Religion
- Dragonforce
- Reel Big Fish

There are probably others but those are the first bands I think of every time.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
AC/DC
MychildrenMybride
Winds of Plague
Linkin Park
Megadeth
Metallica
Anthrax
Nuclear Holocaust
Bad Brains
Gorilla Biscuits
Minor Threat

I don't hate any of them, but I've sort of 'outgrown' them I guess.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Metallica
The Beatles
Megadeth
And a bunch of other bands I don't remember but used to love as a young kid.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
I don't all of a sudden despise music that I used to enjoy. I enjoyed the music for a reason, hating the music is hating who I was in the past. I've lost interest in some music as I've developed as a person, but I don't hate that music. In fact, I enjoy it immensely on occasions and sometimes re-spark an interest in it when I listen to it after an extended period of time. I'll sometimes find new aspects that I overlooked in the past which makes me enjoy it in a completely different manner.

I guess I was lucky enough to never be passionately in to utter shit.
A Day to Remember
Dragonforce
Evanescence
Slipknot
Taking Back Sunday
Disturbed

I don't hate any of them though, just not interested anymore. Their prime is over.
Quote by Vermillionpart2
A.F.I. for some reason, and as mention Linkin Park.

D:

I still love AFI and listen to them regularly.

....as I do Linkin Park
Paramore. Used to be insanely into them but then didn't really like Brand New Eyes, the two most talented people left and then Hailey turned out to be a GIANT douche so I gave up.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I don't all of a sudden despise music that I used to enjoy. I enjoyed the music for a reason, hating the music is hating who I was in the past. I've lost interest in some music as I've developed as a person, but I don't hate that music. In fact, I enjoy it immensely on occasions and sometimes re-spark an interest in it when I listen to it after an extended period of time. I'll sometimes find new aspects that I overlooked in the past which makes me enjoy it in a completely different manner.

This. Good post.

Most bands I used to like I can still go back to and realise. Oh yeah I remember why I liked this and this. A few bands I can't however. But I neither "hate" myself nor feel shame for bands I used to like/love. It's just, I don't anymore but I did. I don't deny that. That would be even more lame.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Three Days Grace, I used to like theyre music put now I relize how cheesey it is.
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Thrashtastic15

cool blog bro
Quote by Thrashtastic15

That's why I said ignore/hate.
PM me for newts
This never happens with entire bands to me, but it does happen with songs. I'm so sick of everyone playing Crazy Train all the time that I've started to hate the song.
Anything I'd hear on the radio or video hits that was catchy. I've heard a few songs I used to think were good back when I was 10 or even younger and they absolutely grate on me now.

There's not really many bands that I hate now. I used to like Slipknot, and now I don't, but I don't totally hate them. I used to love System of a Down and now I don't listen to them, but I still enjoy it when I happen to hear them.