Lately, I've been spending a lot of time reading about singing on the internet. But one thing I've had trouble finding is some more readings on the Bel Canto and other classical techniques. I've studied axemanchris's site a couple times and watched all the Edward L. Johnson videos. Any suggested readings?

Thanks.

btw: If this post breaks any of UG's rules, it is not intentional. Sorry if it does.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
When learning classical techniques, as a general rule, you really need to study under a teacher. Someone who has trained for a good part of their life to be great at what they do. It's hard to learn classical singing without someone guiding you. Judging your own voice doesn't really work because you'll never hear yourself the way others hear you and you'll probably not notice tendencies/habbits that others will see in plain sight. Taking lessons is your best bet on all things classical. It'll also help kep you from developing bad habits that can hurt your voice and/inhibit you from getting the best out of your body that you can.
One of the challenges, too, is finding materials in English. Much of the writings about Bel Canto are in Italian.

There are a few things here: http://belcantoforum.com/library

.... though I don't know how much of it jives with what I have been taught, and how much, instead, is of the "drop your jaw and make funny faces while you sing" ilk.

Ed always quoted from GB Lamperti, and the primary source for that is a book called "Vocal Wisdom." I just got it for Christmas.

http://www.amazon.ca/Vocal-Wisdom-Giovanni-Battista-Lamperti/dp/0800880234

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Thanks. I'll look into those. On the subject of getting a teacher, I live in a small town and singing teachers, let alone Bel Canto/classical teachers, are rare and hard to find.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Quote by Robbin'TheHood
Thanks. I'll look into those. On the subject of getting a teacher, I live in a small town and singing teachers, let alone Bel Canto/classical teachers, are rare and hard to find.

You're very rarely going to find an expert in any town. If you would like a teacher you'll need to hit up college music programs and talk to the vocal professors there. Most will do private instruction along with their collegiate duties.