So my Iceman IC200, which is only about 9 years old, I've had it for about 4, has pretty worn frets. There are small dents on many of the lower frets below the G and B strings. It was my first guitar and I still play it quite a bit. It plays fairly well, although I can feel some resistance on bends, especially when strings begin to age. Here's what they look like:

I've heard of using steel wool to even it out. Will this help or is it too far gone? Any other methods? Is it worth taking it in and how much is that job roughly?

The rest of the guitar is in kind of rough shape. There is rust on the pole pieces of the pickups, I sanded some of it away and it kind of looks like crap now. It's got a loose tuner and a scratchy tone pot too. Poor Ibanez...
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez Iceman IC-200
Jackson RR3
Epiphone FT-120
BC Rich Mockingbird Bass
Crate Blue Voodoo 60
Marshall 1960B
Markbass CMD 102P
Dunlop Original Crybaby
EHX Stereo Memory Man
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Ibanez AF2
It looks like a re-crowning of the frets will solve your fret problems. This can be done with a re-crowning file (which are kind of pricey and monotaskers). I would suggest looking up how to make one yourself. It's much cheaper. Simple enough of a procedure, just mark the tops of all the frets with a sharpie and file them until there is only a fine line of roughly equal size on every fret.
Thanks. I may look into getting the proper tool because I acquired an old Musicmaster bass that has no frets that I'm going to try to build, thus knowledge of installing frets and the right tools will be required.
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez Iceman IC-200
Jackson RR3
Epiphone FT-120
BC Rich Mockingbird Bass
Crate Blue Voodoo 60
Marshall 1960B
Markbass CMD 102P
Dunlop Original Crybaby
EHX Stereo Memory Man
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Ibanez AF2
www.grizzly.com

Search for Fret Files. They have a couple of the same ones StewMac has for about 1/3 of the price.

A recrown should take care of that on an Ibanez. They tend to have some pretty jumbo frets anyway. If you have to do a full refret you are generally looking at about $200 depending on your area and availability of a luthier.