Budget: $500-$650(ish)
Genre: mostly Death/Thrash metal, Prog-metal(Dream Theater/Opeth) and Classic Metal
Fav guitarists: Zakk Wylde, Dimebag, Steve Vai, Johann Soderberg, Mikael Akerfeldt, Alexi Laiho, Tony Iommi, Chuck Shuldiner, and Brendon Small.
-New or used is fine-
Home AND Gig
closest to Orlando.
Current Gear: BC Rich JRV standard, Epiphone SG Special -gfs fat pats-, Marshall MG30 DFX(-_-), Boss ds-1.

I'm really looking at Bugera's 212 Combos. 6262, 6260, or 333xl. I have NO experience playing a tube amp and none of my friends have one. i have probably only heard one live once. the bugera 6262 is the main one I am looking at, not totally against getting it as a head if i have a bit extra for a used cab at the time.
Bestow upon me magic
Wizard, all knowing, all wise (solo)
I want to rule this kingdom
Make sweet the breeze now defiled (solo)
Dethrone the evil prince's iron fists
In velvet gloves of sin (solo)
Well Zakk uses modified JCM 800s for more gain. A lot of people were doing this so Marshall introduced the JCM 900's. The Bugera 1990 is a clone of that so I would say check that one out.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
The 333xl is what you should be looking at out of all the bugera line. It seems to fit what you're looking for.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Quote by Adam124
The 333xl is what you should be looking at out of all the bugera line. It seems to fit what you're looking for.

That or a 333 if you get one used.
you think the 333XL or 6262?
Bestow upon me magic
Wizard, all knowing, all wise (solo)
I want to rule this kingdom
Make sweet the breeze now defiled (solo)
Dethrone the evil prince's iron fists
In velvet gloves of sin (solo)
Search on Youtube for 'Dingle1' he compares all the bugera heads, and there are also comparisons of the actual amp head V the bugera 'copy'
dont listen to the bad reviews about bugera. they have gotten there shit together quite a bit since the early amps.
With the 6262/6260 you can swap out the tubes for good el34's instead of stock 6L6's, if you are after a 'Brittish' sound. Should get you somewhere near anyway.
At the end of the day, its all about your 'own' sound. try not to replicate some icon sound, get yourself a good one. something that sounds good to you.
Get the best quality combo / half stack you can for your $$$$ and play with it, you shouldn't need a Distortion pedal with a good valve head / combo, but like i say its your own sound and if you get that with pedals then you get that with pedals.
you wont be dissapointed with the 6262, i have tried 333, 333xl, v55 and the 6260... in the end i got the 6262 and a second 6262 with el34's in, they share a custom 412 cab with eminence legends. well worth the money. 18months on and no problems as yet.