Hopefully this goes quick and painless... I've got an early 90's Crate V50 3x10 that has a few issues... I'm trying to learn a few things with this and possibly save a few bucks as well.

New tubes are definitely in order (it does that awful dying pig squeal/nails on chalkboard sound). A while ago, one of the techs I talked with said I had some bad power caps. I heard that bad caps pretty much let the amp burn the tubes out as fast as you can flip the switch... It would be great if I could get some advice on how to check them.

Since I know relatively nothing about caps, can someone recommend brands I should look into for replacement? I guess that goes for tubes as well... I've heard a lot of good things about JJ's, but that's it off the top of my head.

I'm not sure if you'd need a schematic to give better advice or not... I've been looking for a while and haven't found one for the amp I've got to work with...

If anyone has an amp tech the can recommend in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Tx area I'd really appreciate it. I wanna learn how to bias my amp but I'm not real keen on the idea of getting shocked to hell!
You can measure the caps with an LCR meter but really, if you think they are gone you just replace them, they aren't that expensive.
With filter caps it doesn't matter what brand you use. Cheaper ones just don't last as long, you won't hear a difference.
JJ are ok but they are rated for a tenth as many hours as a Sprague Atom or an F&T. The JJ's may last just as long but they don't claim it. I use JJ's in my JD amps because they are black and they seem to work as good as anything else. Time will tell what their longevity is like but I'm sure they'll be fine.
The most important thing is to discharge them before you touch them. You can just use a bit of insulated wire. Be careful, those things can hurt you for a long time after you turn off the power and unplug it from the wall.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I know about as much as you do, but you can tell bad caps by the tops of them kind of bursting/leaking. Also I have seen fluid leak from underneath them onto the board. Just something you can check visually easy. IDK if this is the only way you can tell a bad cap though I doubt it is. Good luck!