well i emailed Guitar Fetish yesterday and they haven't replied. how long should it take? and the question i had was what are the most versatile GFS pickups for neck and bridge? i mean humbuckers of course. they're for my ibanez and squier, which both have agathis bodies but i could be wrong about the ibanez, it might be basswood
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Lol, just wait.

If I remember, a p90 in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge is one of the most versatile setups
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Seriously? It was New Years Eve/Day weekend when you emailed.

Maybe They're taking a holiday (like everyone else who isn't a movie theater/restaurant/bar) and celebrating.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Last edited by Reincaster at Jan 2, 2012,
theres a good chance they coulda been closed yesterday and today for new years ..i kinda wanna put a crunchy pat i think it eas cslled in the bridge coil tapped and a filletron humbucker sized in my squire strat
Their customer service has always been awesome in my experience.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Much like this forum, their inbox is probably full of "which pickup" questions. It does take some time to sort through them all.

These are as straight-up vintage as you can get- UNPOTTED for the true vintage "air" and transparency! So, that means microphonic squeal and noise?
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Last edited by zeek7pc at Jan 2, 2012,
oh shit, i didn't realize it wa new years when i emailed... fack, now i feel like a dick
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

but i was asking for people's thoughts on their customer service
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

Quote by IronMaiden76

I think I e-mailed awhile back about when their tuners would be in stock, took less than 2 days for them to get back with me.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
nobody cares. its an e-mail box. they will just see it when they get back to work. no biggie.

and yea GFS is surprisingly fast. 2 purchases i had went very smoothly. for a low end budget gear company they really try to stand out. thumbs up for me!
I think I remember reading on their FAQ that he doesn't reply to emails with subjective questions like that, which is somewhat understandable since they don't have a huge staff. I guess questions like that are more of what UG is for.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Quote by Wisthekiller
Since when?

Have you never heard what people go through when they want to return their products?
^My dealings with gfs were always smooth, though I never had to return anything.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
i read on another forum that someone emailed them asking which pickup was best for metallica... i think it was the crunchy rails they responded with... maybe i'm not special
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699

i emailed that same question.

he basically said the 2 most diverse bridge pickups for humbuckers are the dream 180, and the fat pat.

the neck he said crunchy pat or the vintage 59.

however, i liked the bigmouth that i put on the neck. good cleans, can do blues, can do rock (don't play metal)
Never had to return anything, closest thing I ever got to a lemon was a tuner I bought for a friend. He accidentally ripped the 9V cord out of the thing He immediately started blaming the company for it He doesn't trust anything other than Boss, so wutevz

Edit:
Quote by IronMaiden76
i read on another forum that someone emailed them asking which pickup was best for metallica... i think it was the crunchy rails they responded with... maybe i'm not special

Maybe you should wait more than a day or two for a response.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Last edited by Guitarbaddie at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by IronMaiden76

You never asked that. Your question was how long should it take for them to reply back.

Have you never heard what people go through when they want to return their products?

You mean how I had to call them and actually speak to a person? Seriously, there are horror stories about every retailer out there. Returned/exchanged some bridges and a guitar from them, quick replies, quick shipping.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Last edited by Reincaster at Jan 3, 2012,
Quote by Reincaster

You mean how I had to call them and actually speak to a person? Seriously, there are horror stories about every retailer out there. Returned/exchanged some bridges and a guitar from them, quick replies, quick shipping.

I'm talking about the people who received emails requesting SSNs and copies of Photo IDs before their return could be completed. These same people needed to threaten to file fraud reports before getting their money back.

I like their products I just think they're really shady.
Unless theres documentation to that I'd say its probably heresy bull shit.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Unless theres documentation to that I'd say its probably heresy bull shit.

This, anyone can fake some e-mails.

Great company, GFS
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by pinheadslts75
I'm talking about the people who received emails requesting SSNs and copies of Photo IDs before their return could be completed. These same people needed to threaten to file fraud reports before getting their money back.

I like their products I just think they're really shady.

I have emails from "Blizzard" asking for my account name, credit card, and photo ID's otherwise my account will be "locked"

I also get the same emails from "Facebook" Saying that if I don't email them my password they'll delete my account.

I highly doubt that actually happened, from the same company I've dealt with a couple of times, with great results. I'm not saying that they're perfect all the time, but it sounds a bit fishy.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Last edited by Reincaster at Jan 3, 2012,