So, Tractor Supply Co is opening a store in my town and is doing a hiring event tomorrow. Walk-ins are welcomed they said, so I'm gonna go see if I can't get a job. Has anyone gone to an open interview before? What should I expect? I've only had one job before so I don't really have a resume, I was just planning on telling them that I'm a really good worker, they can call my old boss and he'll verify. I can't work monday nights, wednesday nights, or sundays, but other than that I'll work any hours and as long of shifts as they want me to. I learn fast and, etc.

Anything I should know/advice?
You should at least slap together a resume. Something is better than nothing.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
I just..haven't ever even seen a resume. What should it say, exactly? I would but I haven't the faintest clue. I got my last job on a recommendation and he's kind of a redneck. Well, I've had other jobs but they were all working for family or friends and under the table, so this is a new thing for me.
Quote by sglover34479
I just..haven't ever even seen a resume. What should it say, exactly? I would but I haven't the faintest clue. I got my last job on a recommendation and he's kind of a redneck. Well, I've had other jobs but they were all working for family or friends and under the table, so this is a new thing for me.
Google up some resume examples. That'll get you started.
ggg1 ggg3

http://www.bestsampleresume.com/

And they'll understand that you're inexperienced/the resume's a little blank. Just having one could be the thing that puts you ahead of the other candidates.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

Yeah, like everyone else is saying. Have contact info from your last job, as well as any experience you have from doing extra curricular school stuff and volunteer work. Even if it's just 1 or 2 things, it's still something to consider and put on.

Also kinda obvious, but look presentable, be polite, etc
NOPE
I'm assuming your still in school? Maybe if you have a good relationship with a teacher that you have known for awhile, ask them if you can put them on the resume. If you do, mention you have good grades and a good work ethic to show your determination.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Luckily for you, I know many things about many things, and this area is one of my specialties.

First of all, don't show up wearing a salmon suit, unless you can really pull it off well. You'll look really goofy, people will throw rocks at you, you'll get jumped by bears, etc. Don't wear ironic t-shirts. At least 3 out 10 times people don't get hired, it's because the employer mistook them for a hipster. No respectable company would hire a hipster.

A good handshake is important. Your handshake says a lot about you. Most importantly, it gives your potential employer into your masturbation habits, based on your grip. You want a handshake that says "I'm great with my hands, and I have a lot of free time (to dedicate to the job), but I'm not a weirdo that touches himself five times a day."

Be confident. You're going to get the job, no doubt about it. If you act like there is the slightest chance that you won't get the job, they'll know that you are not so sure of yourself, and therefore they won't be so sure of you either. You can't be too overconfident though, or else their expectations may be unrealistically high.

Be scary. The potential employer must be afraid to turn you down. Do whatever it takes to scare them into giving you a job. Bring a gym bag full of severed heads, a briefcase full of guts, a pack of wolves, get a crazy tattoo and an eye patch, etc, whatever it takes to make them think that you are a maniac. Speak softly and carry a big stick, as it were.

Don't be nice. Nice people are generally pushovers, so they'll likely dismiss you on the spot. Never compliment anyone, be overly sarcastic, insult the potential employer's mother, sexually harass attractive females, or whatever else is needed to make them know that you are not a wuss.

Do all those and you'll probably have a job running the place.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by sglover34479
he'll verify. I can't work monday nights, wednesday nights, or sundays,
Anything I should know/advice?

In a down economy, there are other people who can. They'll probably go with them. Hate to be the downer here, but you have to work whatever hours you can get when work's hard to come by, cause you're not the only one looking for it.

Other than that, resume, contact info for previous employers, three non-personal references.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Jan 2, 2012,
Be confident. Really it is the most important thing. Smile. You should be friendly. If you make a small resume, that shows them that you took the time and you want the job. The handshake is important too. Get there early. They like that.
Bake them a cake. Insist they eat it in the interview. Make mysterious comments about "the antidote". They'll give you whatever you want.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by McTodd
Bake them a cake. Insist they eat it in the interview. Make mysterious comments about "the antidote". They'll give you whatever you want.

Best post on UG today.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Go with a pair of ripped blue jeans with a jean jacket and flannel tucked into your jeans and a cowboy hat. You should fit right in !
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by shredibanez24
Go with a pair of ripped blue jeans with a jean jacket and flannel tucked into your jeans and a cowboy hat. You should fit right in !

Be certain to also have a mustache like so

NOPE
1) Make a resume and a cover letter (use the resume template from Microsoft Office)
2) Study the history of the company and the job requirements.
3) Show off your unique skills during your interview.
4) Break down and cry after the interview if you don't get a call.
Dress smartly.

Have a CV (no more than 2 pages, ever.)

Be pleasent, attentive and try to answer their questions succintly and clearly.

I went to an open interview when Logica were opening a new place near me. I got a call back and invited to another full day of interviews. I didn't get passed that stage though, despite being in the top 2% for the psychometric testing - didn't do well on the team work section. Oh well.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

Quote by theogonia777
Luckily for you, I know many things about many things, and this area is one of my specialties.

First of all, don't show up wearing a salmon suit, unless you can really pull it off well. You'll look really goofy, people will throw rocks at you, you'll get jumped by bears, etc. Don't wear ironic t-shirts. At least 3 out 10 times people don't get hired, it's because the employer mistook them for a hipster. No respectable company would hire a hipster.

A good handshake is important. Your handshake says a lot about you. Most importantly, it gives your potential employer into your masturbation habits, based on your grip. You want a handshake that says "I'm great with my hands, and I have a lot of free time (to dedicate to the job), but I'm not a weirdo that touches himself five times a day."

Be confident. You're going to get the job, no doubt about it. If you act like there is the slightest chance that you won't get the job, they'll know that you are not so sure of yourself, and therefore they won't be so sure of you either. You can't be too overconfident though, or else their expectations may be unrealistically high.

Be scary. The potential employer must be afraid to turn you down. Do whatever it takes to scare them into giving you a job. Bring a gym bag full of severed heads, a briefcase full of guts, a pack of wolves, get a crazy tattoo and an eye patch, etc, whatever it takes to make them think that you are a maniac. Speak softly and carry a big stick, as it were.

Don't be nice. Nice people are generally pushovers, so they'll likely dismiss you on the spot. Never compliment anyone, be overly sarcastic, insult the potential employer's mother, sexually harass attractive females, or whatever else is needed to make them know that you are not a wuss.

Do all those and you'll probably have a job running the place.

Do this!
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Ive been to a walk in interview before! Itll probably be a pretty short interview. Only advice I have for you is that you better stand out, because they will probably be interviewing about a hundred people just in that day.

The resume will only help you btw! Dont forget to dress nice! Good luck.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by shredibanez24

DAMNIT! Took the words I came here to say..
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Thanks everyone. It was a short interview, I definitely stood out. I was the only guy that showed up in something other than jeans and a t-shirt. I had some nice slacks and a button up shirt, clean shaved, brushed hair and such.
They seemed to like me, I thought. The interviewer is the manager for the new store and he smiled a lot to my answers.
He said he couldn't guarantee a call-back but he gave me a knowing look. He liked that I'm young and good with computers, and I said I'm looking for a possible career which seemed to please him.
Thanks for all the advice, pit!
Look up common interview questions. Don't be humble, you really need to show why you think you're the best choice for the position. But don't be a douche about it either.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Also (double posting to make sure you see) when you're getting your answers ready for those common interview questions, make sure you have a whole lot to talk about. Like 3-5 minutes per answer is ideal. This will seem a little ridiculous and almost unnatural when practicing (yeah make sure you practice your answers out loud, you absolutely don't want to be "uh"-ing all over the place) but interviewers really want someone that can go into that much depth about themselves.

And if they throw you a question out of left field, it's ok to take a second and think of an answer. You don't need to respond immediately as the words leave their mouth!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by lushacrous
Also (double posting to make sure you see) when you're getting your answers ready for those common interview questions, make sure you have a whole lot to talk about. Like 3-5 minutes per answer is ideal. This will seem a little ridiculous and almost unnatural when practicing (yeah make sure you practice your answers out loud, you absolutely don't want to be "uh"-ing all over the place) but interviewers really want someone that can go into that much depth about themselves.

And if they throw you a question out of left field, it's ok to take a second and think of an answer. You don't need to respond immediately as the words leave their mouth!

Appreciate it man.
Be prepared to fail the drug test, Ts. If you can get past that it should be cool.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
For a second Interview, or even the first

Do some research on the company... know where the corperate headquarters is, who's the CEO... you don't have to know his life story, but how long he's been the CEO would be good. Who founded the company... show them that your interested in working there.

Good Luck.. I'll be going through this same thing in about 4 months when the company I've worked at for the last 15 years closes...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Quote by Gunpowder

Quote by sglover34479
Forgot to post back here right away, but I got the job guys.

"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Well done. Most people don't bother to figure out what it takes for a successful job application for interview. It's unfortunate because it really doesn't take a whole lot and it makes a world of difference. Knowing what you're going to do before you get there and being confident in what you have to say really sets you apart from the rest of the crowd. Congrats.
Gear
ESP LTD EC-1000
ESP LTD F-50
Peavey 6505+ 112
Line 6 UX1
Digitech RP-50