I've recently become interested in this band from the western Sahara called Tinariwen, who play a combination of traditional Tuareg music, rock and bluesy styles. I'm interested in emulating their unique guitar style, but there are no tabs that I can find on the internet. I realise this is really obscure and I'm not expecting a huge response, but if theres any other fans of world music out their who could help in anyway, that'd be great.

Tinariwen - Lulla
Tinariwen - Assouf
Tinariwen - Tenere Taqqim Tossam

Thanks in advance.
I'm actually familiar with this band and these songs! Very cool style, I was impressed. One of my Academy students turned me onto this band/style a few months ago, and it was really a cool find! I've showed him a few ideas from that band.

I don't worry about tabs and such, and I don't think you'll ever find this stuff tabbed, but it is possible to learn by ear, or get an MP3 slowdowner.

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Jan 2, 2012,
Well the guitar is not really doing anything unique here.

Mostly pentatonic, Jimi Hendrix like riffs, and sounds in general alot like guitar from the 50's - 70's.

At least from the links you gave that is.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Commercial radio around here won't play them (so far as I have heard), but the CBC will!

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.