My electric guitar has got some weird problems to it. I didn't really notice it when I bought it but after a couple months I started noticing something odd. The volume on my guitar is pretty messed up from what I can tell. It only starts achieving volume when I reach about 6. Between 1-5, I don't get any volume at all. Also when I switch to any pickup except my bridge pickup, it sound muddy and "covered" i guess you could say.

It's a MIM Fender Stratocaster that I bought used at Guitar Center and I'm thinking it's the wiring the could be the problem. Should I take it to the store to have it fixed or should I attempt to fix this on my own with no knowledge whatsoever in wiring or electrical engineering?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
i'd try cleaning the pots first and see if that doesn't help

if it doesn't, there's no point rewiring anything because chances are it's the hardware and not the wires
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.