i got this given to me after i made a trade with the singer of Maylene and the sons of disaster (Dallas) it was supposedly used on their third album. i am pretty sure it was him because i noticed his tattoos and comparing them to photos after i got the amp in the trade.

he either is legit, or he is a fake with strikingly similar tattos. i dont know. i do know the band is based around here. i did the trade in Sarasota.

this was all a year or so ago.

surprisingly the pedal doesn't sound as bad as i thought, actually seemed usable. i was inspired to try it after the other thread was talking about "metal pedals." its only the second time i used it.

but anyways i realize that they are no longer manufactured. if my information is correct 1993-1998.

mine was made in Taiwan, i dont know if that means anything or not, good or bad.

AF38939 is the serial.

they are a bunch listed on ebay under completed listings anywhere from $45-60 shipped, but on another site (in the US) had one for like $120 and sold for that i guess.

this is the only boss pedal i have ever owned. i don't really like boss.

what should i do have it collect dust? sell it? keep it? [although unlikely] potential for appreciation?

i know some boss pedals that are discontinued to appreciate, but i have a feeling not anything in 1993-1998.

it is in impeccable shape.

it is kind of cool to have just because it was used on Maylene's album and more likely than unlikely it was their vocalist, literally unless somebody had the same tattoo work done.

i guess the only reason why i posted this is see if there is something i am missing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Dude I love Dallas! I've enjoyed him since Underoath. I also own a piece of gear used by a semi famous musician. If anything it's a good conversation piece. The only thing I can think of that would make a boss sell for more than what the ebay ones are going for is maybe it was MIJ compared to MIT? just my .02.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Quote by RealGuitarHero
Dude I love Dallas! I've enjoyed him since Underoath. I also own a piece of gear used by a semi famous musician. If anything it's a good conversation piece. The only thing I can think of that would make a boss sell for more than what the ebay ones are going for is maybe it was MIJ compared to MIT? just my .02.

okay, thanks. he was surprisingly very chill. he didn't even plug the amp i traded him into the wall before we left. we talked for a while, it was kind of nice that he wasn't trying to rush me out. genuine nice guy. the amp i got from him is the Trace Elliot Speed Twin. apparently one of them picked up the amp on tour in Europe and brought it back and had a tech replace the transformers, mercury magnetic transformers even.

i think i will hold onto it, i sure as hell don't need $60.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I did a bit more research. Boss had moved to Taiwan before they started production of the Hyper Metal. More than likely the pedal you saw being sold for twice the ebay price was someone trying to scam a misinformed soul.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
MIT is normal. MIJ Boss pedals are the good ones.

Semi off topic, but why do dislike Boss? Seems strange to me that you don't like them, yet you've never owned one before this one, which you've basically never used.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
MIT is normal. MIJ Boss pedals are the good ones.

Semi off topic, but why do dislike Boss? Seems strange to me that you don't like them, yet you've never owned one before this one, which you've basically never used.

i have played quite a few of them and haven't been happy with them. some of them would be passable, some not.

the problem is that they aren't that cheap, and i can find something better sitting on TGP or eBay for the same price, whatever it may be. i don't mind spending more for something better. that doesn't mean i wouldn't buy a boss if it sounded great to me. after trying a bunch of them over the span of my playing, i haven't found one worth owning. :shurg: everybody has their opinions though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by RealGuitarHero
I did a bit more research. Boss had moved to Taiwan before they started production of the Hyper Metal. More than likely the pedal you saw being sold for twice the ebay price was someone trying to scam a misinformed soul.

thanks. that is exactly is what i was looking for.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Id say cool story, but it wasnt.. I like the hyper metal though, mainly for the word hyper.
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by trashedlostfdup

everybody has their opinions though.

That's true. I'm certainly not trying to judge you.

Though for what it's worth, I love the shit out of my HM-2. My MIJ GE-7 was nice too.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
That's true. I'm certainly not trying to judge you.

Though for what it's worth, I love the shit out of my HM-2. My MIJ GE-7 was nice too.

no worries about judging. i would definitely like to hear some of the MIJ pedals, IIRC some of them are awesome, but they tend pretty pricey. i know there were some rather amazing chorus pedals a few decades ago that i would certainly like to try/own.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
I have the guitar cab of the dude from Battlefields?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."