hey guys
a friend of mine recommended that i install new schaller locking tuners and bridges on both my Jackson RR5 and my Ibanez Destroyer.

i did a search and looked into it a little but still not 100% on the idea
has anyone had experience with this kinda stuff and could share some light?

personally i havnt noticed any issues with either the tuning heads or bridges.
just looking for a bit of guidance because usually i dont fix something unless its broken..
id want something that is 110% drop in

thanks
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

Last edited by red_spider at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by red_spider
personally i havnt noticed any issues with either the tuning heads or bridges.
usually i dont fix something unless its broken..

Basically this. If you string your guitar right it will stay in tune.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Basically this. If you string your guitar right it will stay in tune.

yeah? thats what i was thinking.ive used DR's for years;even with big bends it stays mostly in tune but i have a boss floor tuner so im not phased.save the money and leave it?
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

The only issue would be if your bends knocked the guitar out of tune badly. If it only does so moderately, you may try to put graphite in the nut slots to lubricate it, reducing friction at the nut. This keeps the strings from being caught in the slots at a different point along the string's length than usual. Otherwise, I would save the money.