I have an Ibanez S320 with a locking nut and I can last weeks while only having to do the very slightest of retuning, I was wondering how Schecter locking tuners compare to Ibanez locking nuts, or if there's a guitar that's string through body & locking nut. Opinions appreciated!
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
I have ESP locking tuners on my H-1001 and they work pretty well. Not as well as a locking nut, and they're not really stable enough to hold a floating tremelo in tune unless you're fairly gentle with it. But if you're just going to be doing massive bends and not massive divebombs then they work great.
Blackjack ATX is string through and locking nut. Mine doesn't go out of tune unless there is a dramatic temperature change.
Very good in my opinion, they are my first locking tuners though, so i don't have anything else to compare it to.
I'm looking for a guitar that doesn't have a tremolo so divebombs aren't gonna be a problem. What is a problem however is that it doesn't look like ESP have any dealers in Australia besides online stores, so my only choice may be Schecter. Unfortunate, ESP guitars are beast. I didn't think of them before since I've been out of the loop from guitar stuff for a few years.

Blackjack sounds good, and by the looks of it it's pretty much the same as the Hellraiser just with some minor differences. I've heard good things about the Hellraiser iirc.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Last edited by Demonology at Jan 2, 2012,
Schecter uses Jin Ho 19:1 locking tuners. They’re a Korean improvement of the 18:1 Schaller tuner design. They are excellent tuners, but no tuners can hold tune for weeks the way that a locking nut can.
Quote by jpnyc
Schecter uses Jin Ho 19:1 locking tuners. They’re a Korean improvement of the 18:1 Schaller tuner design. They are excellent tuners, but no tuners can hold tune for weeks the way that a locking nut can.

How do you improve on some of the most bullet proof tuners out there?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
How do you improve on some of the most bullet proof tuners out there?

A slightly finer gear ratio. I never said it was a big improvement.
Oh ok.

I wasn't being a dick. Just curious. We have ax few schecters at work with the locking tuners. They feel pretty study but otherwise identical the the Schallers

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Demonology
I'm looking for a guitar that doesn't have a tremolo so divebombs aren't gonna be a problem. What is a problem however is that it doesn't look like ESP have any dealers in Australia besides online stores, so my only choice may be Schecter. Unfortunate, ESP guitars are beast. I didn't think of them before since I've been out of the loop from guitar stuff for a few years.

Blackjack sounds good, and by the looks of it it's pretty much the same as the Hellraiser just with some minor differences. I've heard good things about the Hellraiser iirc.

Yeah Shecters are also great, and I'm pretty sure that they're both owned by the same company and are made in the same factory, so I'm fairly certain the quality of construction and parts will be about the same. And the Blackjack is a great guitar, the blackouts are incredible pups.