Hey guys, I'm in the market for an overdrive pedal for boosting gain during solos.
I live in Australia, and have no problem buying off the internet (in fact, I'd probably prefer it). What do you guys prefer?
what's your budget?
i'd get a tubescreamer myself because it's used by many players and allways seems to deliver.
there's loads of others out there though.
what the guy above me said

But also, Are you looking to boost gain only? because thats not exactly what will make the solo sound nicer, just sayin.

If you want to give it some more crunch and bite, go for the tubescreamer. But i'd also get an eq pedal so you can boost the mids and volume(on some eqs) a little for the solo too.
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
tube screamer. I personal use a daneletro eq with the trebble set high and the volume maxed on it. Works perfect for me.
Quote by cjstylez97
Hey guys, I'm in the market for an overdrive pedal for boosting gain during solos.
I live in Australia, and have no problem buying off the internet (in fact, I'd probably prefer it). What do you guys prefer?
If you insist on buying off the internet make sure you check out MULTIPLE demos before even considering a pedal

And even then there's a difference between hearing someone else play that pedal and trying it out yourself with your OWN gear, your OWN playing and your OWN preferred settings

So in other words, if you live anywhere near a music store at least check and see if they have some of the gear you were planning on buying and compare a few just to see which one does the trick. You'd be surprised how often people change their mind during a last minute comparative test

...you can always buy it on the internet afterwards if they sell it cheaper

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What's the amp you're trying to boost?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Maxon OD-820.. yummy.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
i have a maxon od 808, really like it
Höhner llx100g
Gibson explorer
crappy stagg acoustic
Roland dac80d
marshall jcm 900 sl-x 2500
marshall 1960A
ehx metal-muff
jimmy hendrix wah
Quote by steven seagull

This
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
If all you want to do is make it louder, the Keeley Katana will do that. Its got one volume pot with a tap on it for some grit. Without the tap engaged, it is almost entirely transparent. I believe it can get you up to 25db. Sells for around $200.
Quote by steven seagull

this guy reads between the lines, i like it

no but seriously,

what amp are you boosting?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Aussie? Get Greeny23 to make you one.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Also worth checking out the Boss overdrive pedals.... I have an SD-1, the circuit is pretty similar to a tubescreamer, but with a bit more gain.

I'd also recommend trying some pedals out in a store with your kind of amp if possible, or a similar one... once you know what sound you want it's up to you where you buy it.
Quote by Rokeman
Also worth checking out the Boss overdrive pedals.... I have an SD-1, the circuit is pretty similar to a tubescreamer, but with a bit more gain.

I'd also recommend trying some pedals out in a store with your kind of amp if possible, or a similar one... once you know what sound you want it's up to you where you buy it.

That's what I did.. I ended up getting the tubescreamer, I really like it.
Thanks to everyone who posted
Quote by cjstylez97
That's what I did.. I ended up getting the tubescreamer, I really like it.
Thanks to everyone who posted

How does it sound through your frontman?
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90