Hey guys, im planning a project which kind of mixes tech-rock with bits of metal and stuff like that (Kind of like a combo of My Passion and Lordi/Flyleaf-style guitar), and I was wondering if anyone can help me with finding a good solid recording tone with the equipment i have.
My setup includes either an Ibanez GAX30 or GRG250DX guitar, connected to a Line6 Floor POD Plus, which goes to an Alesis 10/2 Recording interface, and will be recorded onto Cubase.
I know a lot of the overall sound will be shaped by Cubase itself, but what should i use from my POD to get the best sound possible? I have compressers, gates, and various EQ effects available from my POD, but what will make the tone at its fullest for recording?
I'm looking for a very similar tone to John Be and Johnathon Gaskin's Guitar setup from My Passion. Heres a link if ya wanna take a listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxP-XXQ-u70

I know it isnt the best setup, but i want to take advantage of what I have, as its my best option. Looking forward to your responses
Quote by xFilth
Skip your POD and use freeware amp sims

so would DIing my guitar directly into the interface, then inputting the distortion etc onto the recording track to mess with would be a good idea?
Yeps, there are high quality free amp sims available, especially for hi-gain applications

Check out TSE and Lepou
Quote by xFilth
Yeps, there are high quality free amp sims available, especially for hi-gain applications

Check out TSE and Lepou

sounds like good advice. thanks very much great help!