Poll Options
View poll results: Do you agree?
Yes
129 60%
No
86 40%
Voters: 215.
Page 1 of 10
How does the pit feel about male abortion? Basically its the idea the men should be able to sever all legal obligations towards a child to give men the equivalent choice of abortion that women currently have as the decision to keep,adopt or abort the child ultimately lies solely with the mother, essentially giving her the ability to force parenthood upon the father.

The lawyer that proposed the idea said

'When a female determines she is pregnant, she has the freedom to decide if she has the maturity level to undertake the responsibilities of motherhood, if she is financially able to support a child, if she is at a place in her career to take the time to have a child, or if she has other concerns precluding her from carrying the child to term. After weighing her options, the female may choose abortion. Once she aborts the fetus, the female's interests in and obligations to the child are terminated. In stark contrast, the unwed father has no options. His responsibilities to the child begin at conception and can only be terminated with the female's decision to abort the fetus or with the mother's decision to give the child up for adoption. Thus, he must rely on the decisions of the female to determine his future. The putative father does not have the luxury, after the fact of conception, to decide that he is not ready for fatherhood. Unlike the female, he has no escape route'.
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Last edited by Eggmond at Jan 2, 2012,
First of all, when a couple is concerned, abortion is a group decision and loss, not just the mothers.

Second, this just sounds like a shitty excuse for a shitty man to dip out of a shitty situation and ultimately be a shitty dad. Don't like.
My God, it's full of stars!
If your going to put up walls of text please don't do it in lime green. Or whatever it is. My shoddy colourblind eyes can't tell.

Edit: I think its probably better than what is about at the moment, as at least it gives the father some rights regarding his offspring, but its still not exactly great. If the man can go through with something like male abortion, he'd not be the type of father I would want anyway.

The whole thing is a grey morality situation.
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Last edited by Speckled_Hen at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by Eggmond
he has no escape route'.

no way dude, i'm getting an airplane outa there. find me then
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I think there should be some papers to sign agreeing whether both parties are ready to have children.

If the male never signs it (and goes off to have one night stands) then he should be able to opt out of caring for a child.

Now it's up to you guys to find loop holes.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by Dreadnought
First of all, when a couple is concerned, abortion is a group decision and loss, not just the mothers.

Plus uno.
He can do a runner and change his identity. Hard work though.

I think that better education in contraception would lead to this situation happening less, which would obviously be ideal. However, accidents happen. Men should be able to say that they are not ready to become a father, even if the mother feels she is ready. Sex is natural, it's stupid to pull a Jeremy Kyle and say "Well why were you ****ing out of wedlock in the first place?", and it's better to abort a foetus which would grow into an unwanted (by their own father) child than allow the following misery, arguments, legal disputes to occur which all incur massive costs on social systems and carers.
Sounds like the guy needs to stop being a pussy and man up. He had his choice already.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
If you aren't responsible enough to deal with the fact that giving someone else your sperm has potential bad consequences, you shouldn't be having sex.

Especially if you are having sex with some evangelical anti-choice nutter.

So no, I don't support male 'abortion'. If you are so keen on not having kids, make sure the person you're fucking has the same views as you, else just keep it in your pants. It's not really that difficult to not get someone pregnant.
Quote by metaldud536
I think there should be some papers to sign agreeing whether both parties are ready to have children.

If the male never signs it (and goes off to have one night stands) then he should be able to opt out of caring for a child.

Nah, that's pretty f**ked man...

Either a chick or a dude has to carry around papers everywhere they go(never know when you might get laid ) otherwise if a chick gets preggo then like, shes screwed no matter what?
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
As much as it would be great to have an 'escape'

This would just bring less accountability to an already unaccountable society..

Let's get serious on the subject, don't **** around..

1. Abortion should usually be a decision that both participants in the nasty should have a say in, and...

2. The mother should take into account that she might not have the father around to support the child emotionally or financially for extended periods of time, if not indefinitely.
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
I think we should only have legal abortions for pro-choice women so they stop spreading, I wouldn't even mind them being mandatory for those evil ****s
Quote by Dreadnought

Second, this just sounds like a shitty excuse for a shitty man to dip out of a shitty situation and ultimately be a shitty dad. Don't like.

This.
I do know several males I'd like to see aborted though.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Dreadnought

This. ^

It's simple, if fertile men are not willing to be responsible as a parent, then then should avoid having sex with fertile women which can result in them becoming a parent, even if contraception is used.

It's kinda like, if you are unwilling to take a bullet to the head, you should avoid playing Russian roulette.

It's not a case of the putative father not having the luxury, after the fact of conception, to decide that he is not ready for fatherhood, it's a case of being responsible for one's actions. By having sex with a fertile woman, particularly unprotected sex, one is, in effect, announcing one's readiness for fatherhood.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by L2112Lif
1. Abortion should usually be a decision that both participants in the nasty should have a say in, and...

2. The mother should take into account that she might not have the father around to support the child emotionally or financially for extended periods of time, if not indefinitely.

This
cat
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you aren't responsible enough to deal with the fact that giving someone else your sperm has potential bad consequences, you shouldn't be having sex.

So no, I don't support male 'abortion'. If you are so keen on not having kids, make sure the person you're fucking has the same views as you, else just keep it in your pants. It's not really that difficult to not get someone pregnant.

It's not when your jizz is as potent as mine. People I look at get pregnant. God knows how many children I have thesedays.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Dreadnought

in ideal circumstances yes but unfortunately it doesnt always work out like that

yes it can be used like that but its giving men a chance to avoid being a shitty father,just as women can have an abortion and avoid being a shitty dad. just to clarify the father has no connection to the child at all if he chooses 'male abortion'. no child support,no visitation rights, nothing whatsoever
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

What if she lied before they had sex?

Is the man supposed to just bend over and accept it?
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Abortion is never a group decision. As much as it should be, it comes down to it being the woman's body. Even if the guy wants the kid, it's up to the woman. So... yeah, I think this is kinda about equality.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
What if she lied before they had sex?

Is the man supposed to just bend over and accept it?

At the moment, yes.
Was lacking a decent sig. Still is.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Accidents happen though, like i said. I have no objections whatsoever to one-night stands. However, if the condom splits and the girl gets pregnant, then decides against abortion, is it fair to involve the father? It was every much a part of her choice as his to have sex, after all.

You seem to put much impetus on it being the male's responsibility to not get a girl pregnant, rather than it being an equally important responsibility for the girl to not allow herself to get pregnant. I don't think that's just.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Accidents happen though, like i said. I have no objections whatsoever to one-night stands. However, if the condom splits and the girl gets pregnant, then decides against abortion, is it fair to involve the father? It was every much a part of her choice as his to have sex, after all.

You seem to put much impetus on it being the male's responsibility to not get a girl pregnant, rather than it being an equally important responsibility for the girl to not allow herself to get pregnant. I don't think that's just.

Feminists

Quote by MakinLattes
Squeeze a baby out of your dick.

Well, if you don't want equal rights, I want the right to beat my future wife like in the old times, oh and I also want 4 of em.
Last edited by Zeletros at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by Ed Hunter
It's not when your jizz is as potent as mine. People I look at get pregnant. God knows how many children I have thesedays.

Crabs aren't children.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
Nah, that's pretty f**ked man...

Either a chick or a dude has to carry around papers everywhere they go(never know when you might get laid ) otherwise if a chick gets preggo then like, shes screwed no matter what?

No man. The only people signing these papers are couples who are interested in having kids. No one will be forced to sign it though. But if both parties don't sign it the male partner does not have to stick around to pay child support.
Quote by Zeletros
Well, if you don't want equal rights, I want the right to beat my future wife like in the old times, oh and I also want 4 of em.

Old times? That still happens.

And yeah, the decision lies with the mother, but she also has to live with the consequences of that decision.
Quote by Mazzakazza

Of course it's just, a person should be held responsible for their actions. That's what 'justice' is all about.

If you don't want kids, then having sex is effectively a gamble, are you suggesting that gamblers shouldn't be responsible when they lose a bet?
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by Jackal58
Crabs aren't children.

How're you going to break it to your crabs, bro?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Something like this COULD work, to protect men from women actively seeking to entrap them. Before the 'dont be so paranoid' speeches begin I speak from experience that there are girls out there who sabotage birth control by lying about taking the pill/pin condoms so it looks accidental when they test positive. This has happened to me personally so no bullshit can be called!

Even if both parties signed to say that it was accidental and the man chooses to renounce the child, someone (IE - the benfits system) will have to pick up a large part of the childcare bill so it could potentially be abused very easily...

Easy option: Carry your own protection guys and use it! Crisis averted
Quote by Ed Hunter
How're you going to break it to your crabs, bro?

Raid.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Wow, I've actually never thought of this before. I have no clue.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I'm torn on the issue. It makes sense that the father shouldn't have to support an unwanted child, but on the other hand, if the woman can't get an abortion (be it a money issue, personal beliefs or some other problem), then she's now stuck with a kid and the guy gets out of it, no consequences.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by Dreadnought

In a perfect world, this would be the way I feel, but women don't always see it as "our baby" as much as they see it as "my baby," and if she wants to have the kid and I don't think I'm ready to be a father, then I should have a way out, just like she does.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Mazzakazza
I am a feminist.

Okay?

Quote by robertito696
I'm torn on the issue. It makes sense that the father shouldn't have to support an unwanted child, but on the other hand, if the woman can't get an abortion (be it a money issue, personal beliefs or some other problem), then she's now stuck with a kid and the guy gets out of it, no consequences.

You mean those problems of which the female is consciously aware before she had sex?
Last edited by Zeletros at Jan 2, 2012,