Page 1 of 2
i live in joliet illinois, and i cant stand going to our local guitar center.. it seems like every employee is incompetent, no one knows what they are talking about. they all would rather sit texting or talking on their phones instead of helping customers.. which they wouldn't be able to do anyway, i actually asked the employee at the part counter what kind of replacement nuts he has in stock and he laughed and walked away, i asked for the manager, and he told the manager i was being ignorant asking about his nuts, i mean come on... you work at guitar center and you dont know what a ****ing nut is?! do they hire people that dont know shit on purpose? does anyone else have this problem with their local GC?? because im considering driving 30 miles from now on to try out a different gc
Quote by cshanna7721
he told the manager i was being ignorant asking about his nuts, i mean come on...

I would laugh too.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 2, 2012,
Wow, asking about your nuts at gc?

Atleast think of something funny to ask them.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
That's why I only go to local shops instead of GC.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I'm pretty sure they don't sell Wangcasters there man, should of done your research first.
Quote by cshanna7721
i actually asked the employee at the part counter what kind of replacement nuts he has in stock and he laughed and walked away,

I sell both of my nuts for you for 50 bucks.
Quote by Saint78
Should've asked about his Swollen Pickle.

For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
I love my local guitar center, the employees all know what they are doing. They also have a wide variety of musical interests. There is nothing worse than walking into a GC and getting speed metal heads trying to tell you that you should get a Line 6 Spider II over the Hiwatt Custom 50 you are looking at.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by Saint78
Should've asked about his Swollen Pickle.

And then asked if it was Way Huge.
Agile Intrepid 8
S-gear Scuffham Amps
I got hit on by these two girls at Guitar Center the other day. They were ugly though, so I started talking every time one of them tried to say something.

EDIT: ^
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at Jan 2, 2012,
Quote by Saint78
I got hit on by these two girls at Guitar Center the other day. They were ugly though, so I started talking every time one of them tried to say something.

You should of asked them where you can find Big Muffs.
Quote by Saint78

I'm kidding, of course.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826

I'm kidding, of course.

I would've played some death metal or something to mess with them even more, but I didn't have a pick, and I was playing a Squire through a Fender Blues Jr.
you're a stone fox
The Guitar Center closest to me actually hires competent, musically knowledgeable, people.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I find my local GC has mostly really chill dudes working there, at least in the guitar section (that's all I go to) Obviously I'd never ask someone in Pro Audio about guitars, so OP may have asked someone in the wrong department. I mean, would you ask someone in the perfume section of Macy's about ties?

In my area GC is the best place to try out guitars but the used section is lacking and there's a place down the street with cheaper repairs.
I posted this somewhere else, but it now belongs on this this thread:

I hated my experience at Guitar Center. I took my EC-401 in excellent shape with a Hetfield Truckster mod with the second selector switch and some idiot with a rat tail mohawk thing who obviously didn't know much about guitars couldn't figure it out. I explained like three times how the original switch was inactive (just like the Truckster) and it just blew his mind, so he wouldn't take it. They'll sell beat up amps and cabs that literally have DIRT on them, but they wouldn't take my guitar. I even asked the guy what he thought of my set up because I had just learned to do neck adjustments and stuff like that at the time he just kind of laughed it off and said, "I'm not a tech, so I don't know." It was ridiculous.
ESP Edwards Explorer - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD V-300 - DiMarzio D Activator
ESP LTD EC-401 - DiMarzio D Activator
Ibanez RG2EX2 - DiMarzio Super Distortion / LiquiFire
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade 100
BOSS NS-2
Hardwire Polyphonic Tuner
Quote by izbbass
The Guitar Center closest to me actually hires competent, musically knowledgeable, people.

One in Orange CT?
Like....exit 40 or so on the I95?

....XD
I popped by there once before I went back to England,
I didn't really see why everyone on UG gripes about GuitarCenter

They're SO much cheaper than england
I used to work at the local guitar store here and, unless you were typical metal head 14yr old, we were helpful.

We used to play Christmas songs all summer, I miss it!
The guys at my guitar are all really helpful. They know their they're stuff. My friends and I are good friends with to some of them.

In regards to "nuts?!? ewwwwwlolz" One GC employee we were talking to said "watch this" and went up to these metalhead middle school-ers and completely ****ed with them. By the end of it they were all using weird guitars and plugged into shit they had no idea how to work. The employee played dumb to any of their questions and they all left pretty quick. Moral is that maybe some of you guys are these people
YEAH! ಠ_ಠ
Quote by cshanna7721
i actually asked the employee at the part counter what kind of replacement nuts he has in stock and he laughed and walked away, i asked for the manager, and he told the manager i was being ignorant asking about his nuts, i mean come on... you work at guitar center and you dont know what a ****ing nut is?!

ahahahaha that's great
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mine is about 50% good people that are knowledgable, 50% failed musicians who can't get a real job. Unfortunately, even the ones who are knowledgable still have to deal with being paid on commission, so they really try to sell you anything regardless of how good it is. they're helpful occasionally, though.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by cshanna7721
i live in joliet illinois, and i cant stand going to our local guitar center.. it seems like every employee is incompetent, no one knows what they are talking about. they all would rather sit texting or talking on their phones instead of helping customers.. which they wouldn't be able to do anyway, i actually asked the employee at the part counter what kind of replacement nuts he has in stock and he laughed and walked away, i asked for the manager, and he told the manager i was being ignorant asking about his nuts, i mean come on... you work at guitar center and you dont know what a ****ing nut is?! do they hire people that dont know shit on purpose? does anyone else have this problem with their local GC?? because im considering driving 30 miles from now on to try out a different gc

It's a huge chain retail store. The employees aren't hired because they know the product. They are hired to run the registers.

They are just as incompetent as the guy selling suits at a JC Pennys. If you go in all "yo dude I need a suit with narrow lapels, frog pockets, double vented, half-lined he's going to give you a "what the **** are you talking about?" look.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
I love my local guitar center, the employees all know what they are doing. They also have a wide variety of musical interests. There is nothing worse than walking into a GC and getting speed metal heads trying to tell you that you should get a Line 6 Spider II over the Hiwatt Custom 50 you are looking at.

This.
Never had a problem at my local GC's. All the guys are nice and knowledgeable.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
The guitar center near me has a knoledageable guitar and drum section. I have no major complaints.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
I've never been to GC before, just local stores, now I'm not sure I want to go there.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Quote by cshanna7721

The Guitar Center doesn't have this problem. The employees are actually helpful and are actually annoying because they always walk up to you asking if you need help.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
You should of said what size nuts you needed. That may have set the employee straight on what you're looking for.
Quote by Highelf04
One in Orange CT?
Like....exit 40 or so on the I95?

Dude that's my stomping grounds.
I stomp there.
Or the one in Manchester, depending upon where I'm sleeping.

I don't really gaf about who works at GuitarCenter 'cuz I never go in there looking for help. If no one wants to help me, good. I wanna be left alone to molest all the guitars.

What bugs me out about GuitarCenter is that they never stock Jazzmasters. What's the deal, guys? How'm I s'posed to work on my glide guitar skillz?
My local guitar center is actually okay. I've never had a problem with it. There's only one employee (that I've met) that I don't like to talk to, and that's mostly because I say the stupidest guitar-related things around him and he seems a bit condescending about it(don't know him so I can't tell for sure).

I'm actually going to try to talk to a manager there today for a project that's due tomorrow.
I went to sell my guitar at a local shop. Midlevel guitar. No name gibson style, heavy wood, well built, and great action. Grover tuners that were at least $60 on it. He offered me 50. Didn't bother to even play it.

He said it was a bit beat up and old and it didn't have the pick guard on it. My girlfriend at the time sold her First Act for the same price. Basically he was comparing that guitar to a first act.
BLANKBLANK
Quote by neidnarb11890
Dude that's my stomping grounds.
I stomp there.
Or the one in Manchester, depending upon where I'm sleeping.

I don't really gaf about who works at GuitarCenter 'cuz I never go in there looking for help. If no one wants to help me, good. I wanna be left alone to molest all the guitars.

What bugs me out about GuitarCenter is that they never stock Jazzmasters. What's the deal, guys? How'm I s'posed to work on my glide guitar skillz?

They never have any Ibanez S series either.
you're a stone fox
I never liked them much. I'll go to guitar center if there's something I wanna try out, but I always go order it from musicians friend. The employees there aren't totally ignorant, but I don't trust that they know anything better than I do. I've had too many of them try to tell me things like "combos just arent as good as half stacks. They just aren't."
Quote by boreamor
Thousands upon thousands of people yelling "IcyHot"...

Quote by imdeth
She looks like she has triforces in her eyes...

Quote by Nakon14
*sigh* yet again, only on UG would somebody rush to their computer to tell the pit when their lives or property are in dire trouble.
Quote by slipknot5678

I'm actually going to try to talk to a manager there today for a project that's due tomorrow.

ololo I just called them and they put me on hold for three minutes and then hung up.
Quote by naedman
I never liked them much. I'll go to guitar center if there's something I wanna try out, but I always go order it from musicians friend. The employees there aren't totally ignorant, but I don't trust that they know anything better than I do. I've had too many of them try to tell me things like "combos just arent as good as half stacks. They just aren't."

That's how you sell the (usually) more expensive half-stacks. Although a JVM 410H combo is $2600, and the head is cheaper. So if you already have a cab then you actually pay less.
Page 1 of 2