I haven't posted music on here in a looooong time, so first of all, hello everyone.

I wrote this several months back, and I think I forgot to upload it. So alas, here it is. It's a kind of heavy-ish rock thing, I guess. Maybe kind of poppy. I don't know. I'm useless with catagorising things.

I know the ending seems abrupt, where everything just stops and just the guitar rings out, but I have demoed this song out, and it does work a lot better than it does in the GP file.

Anyway, I hope you like it. I'll be happy to critique songs in return.
Attachments:
UG Thing #1.gp4
UG Thing #1.gp5
UG Thing #1.mid
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
I'll do an advanced crit of this song. Why? Cause it's simply fantastic.

Intro:
I really like the chord progression, it's building a melancholic setting I really enjoy.
Personally, I would see it go another time around. It's easy to cut things down in GP, 'cause it sounds repetetive, but from personal experience it's not gonna sound repetetive at all in a real life scenario (at least most of the times).

Said in a shorter way; repeat the introduction progression, I'd love for that to happen.

Heavy:
Great use of big chords and melody. Not too dramatic, not to energetic and not too much melancholy. Just brialliantly done. At the end of this section, the 1/4 stop - amazing. I love how you keep using those stops throughout the song.

Verse:
Don't know if lyrics are written for this song, but also here you could consider extending the duration. Just a thought, though the prechorus adds to the verse feeling. The riffs and melodies, however, are well written and catchy. A good verse to a song.

Prechorus:
A very, very good prechorus. Slows things down, introduces the theme, and both breaks and smoothes the transition from verse to chorus. Well done.

Chorus:
A catchy, easy going but yet serious chorus with LOTS of creative space for vocals. Exactly how a traditional chorus should be.

Verse 2:
The variations are simply fantastic. Nice touch.

Extension:
A very nice way to transition from the chorus the break, simple but effective.

Break:
A wonderful sections, such emotion and ambience. I can imagine it to be fantastic in real life.

Last Chorus:
Love what you did with the to first bars in the last chorus. A fake start, another way to use the band stop you executed so brilliantly earlier.

All in all - get this recorded with vocals and the whole shabamz. To sum it up; this song is so good I want to sing it. Best compliment I can give, really.

C4C?: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497682
Wow! Thanks for the in-depth review I'll give your song a listen this evening and do my best to leave an equally detailed critique. No vocal melodys/lyrics are written for it yet, I was going to write them, but seeing as I rarely get the chance to record any vocals these days, so I never bothered, and it eventually just slipped my mind .

There is a rough demo on the soundcloud page in my signature, it's missing some of the lead parts and isn't mixed very well though. I think it's just titled 'Untitled Demo' on there.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jan 2, 2012,
In general I liked the song. You brilliantly use some interesing chords to create that gloomy sort of feeling with something else. The stops you use are magnific. However there is one thing that I don't like, through the verse, that guitar lick that repeats over and over, is that the melody or an actual guitar lick that repeats over and over? because if it is a guitar it gets pretty boring, if it's the melody, well, it's OK but could be more interesting. I also kind of get the feeling that if it's a melody, it doesn't fit well.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509852
Quote by actaderock
In general I liked the song. You brilliantly use some interesing chords to create that gloomy sort of feeling with something else. The stops you use are magnific. However there is one thing that I don't like, through the verse, that guitar lick that repeats over and over, is that the melody or an actual guitar lick that repeats over and over? because if it is a guitar it gets pretty boring, if it's the melody, well, it's OK but could be more interesting. I also kind of get the feeling that if it's a melody, it doesn't fit well.

C4C https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509852

The hammer-on thing in the verse, you mean? It's just some cheesy little thing I started playing over it for no good reason, so I think I just copied and pasted it loads. It does get on my nerves a bit, I just forgot to remove it in some places, or at the very least, sit it right back in a mix. I'll give your song a review in the next few hours.
I would have commenting on this ages ago but I got banned haha.
Anyway I'm back with a vengeance and this is my first stop.
I thought it was a great song, I've really missed your material.
In regard to the guitar lick, I thought it did it's job well, a simple poppy theme that repeated throughout the verse to add some continuity, no complaints.
Short C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1514828
My songs are all located here .
Feel free to drop by and crit a song.
Leave a link and I'll return a crit

Colossus
Last edited by frankibo at Jan 26, 2012,
Wow, this is really good. The intro sounds a bit like God is an Astronaut. The intro is amazing! The rest of the song is very pleasant to listen to, but that intro! What a burst!
I enjoyed the song, you had some interesting stuff going on there. I especially liked the pre-chorus and the break you had there. The break was very pretty. The only real problem is that there is really no main melody so the song kind of gets boring, ya know? Also, the ending was kind of anti-climatic. I think you could of ended it better. Still a very lovely song though.

If you wouldn't mind criticizing me back? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1518401