Hello all. I've been playing for around 4 yrs. I mainly play rock and metal, and i love to shred. I am using a boss metalzone pedal with a spider iii atm and am very dissatisfied w both. I don't usually gig, but i may do some recording. My budget will probably be whatever i can get for the boss pedal and spider ampl plus 150 dollars or so. I don't know a ton about amps, and i think a peavey vypyr combo might give me a good metal sound. That being said, i had a few qs.

1. How much might i get for the amp and pedal?

2. Can you get a footswitch for the peavey vypyr combos?

3. Are there any amps that may be similar to the peavey vypyr in terms of sound that you'd recommend i try out?
I will be honest, you will not get much for either of those things together. You need to save up a lot more before getting a new combo amp. I think they make a special control pedal for the Vypyr called a sampera that allows you to control aspects of the amp from your feet while you're playing. Those go for 200 new though I think.
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Hi ... Peaveys amps are really cool, I actually own 2 of them. But if you want a new amp and you play metal and stuff... let me tell you... save some money and get your self a Valve Amp... Solid states amps are durable and get along with distortion pedals but there's always something missing... Save some money and buy a valve amp (mesa, marshall, laney, blackstar) and an overdrive pedal... and you will have tone for a lifetime...

Cheers
I love my Peavey ultras, which I believe are the predecessor to the JSX, which is the predecessor to the 5150, which is to 6505, and so on. I can get literally all kinds of styles from the amp by altering my playing dynamics and my guitar choice.

I have the 112 and the 212. For really big shows I'll add a 412 marshall cab to the 112 and really start cooking
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com