I'm looking to buy an Epiphone Les Paul, and I wasn't sure whether to get the Midnight custom or a Black Beauty... The Midnight custom has 2 EMG 81 active pickups and the Black Beauty has 3 Humbuckers... I play more metal than anything and I currently have a Strat with sing coil pick ups, which to be honest is pretty bad for playing metal.. Your advise on which one to get would be greatly appreciated
If you're playing metal, go with the Midnight. EMG's are The Standard for Metal.

EDIT: What griffin said. Never buy a guitar without trying and comparing with others.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
Last edited by RockinSince1993 at Jan 2, 2012,
You need to try out a guitar with those pickups to see if you like them. EMGs or actives in general aren't for everyone, even if metal is what you mainly play. There's a lot of metal players who play with passives.
I've already tried out both of the guitars and I do prefer the feel of the Midnight Custom, but I like the look of the Black Beauty... I didn't really play with the tone much on them though so I was just wondering which would give the overall best sound for metal in others opinions
If you like the feel of the guitar, then go for it. Technically you're getting more for your money with the Midnight Custom. Ebony fretboard, strap locks, graphite nut, a quilted maple top, high-quality EMG active pickups, 24 frets. Just my opinion.
Acoustics:
1994 Seagull SM6
2007 Takamine G5013SVFT

Electrics:
2008 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top (Cherryburst)
1964 Gibson Melody Maker D (DC)

Amps:
Traynor YGL-1

Pedals
MXR Distortion III (C4 Modded)
Quote by JNBloomy
I didn't really play with the tone much on them though so I was just wondering which would give the overall best sound for metal in others opinions

Well, that's the problem. It doesn't matter what we like, it's what you like.

I'd say try them out again and pay attention to the sound too. I hardly use my ibanez (w/ actives) because I can't stand the dullness of them. I'd rather use another guitar for metal. So it's up to you.

EDIT: And I do feel as if the BB is overpriced for what it is.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Last edited by JKHC at Jan 2, 2012,