if you hypothetically had a 70s really cool guitar that if it worked perfectly you'd play IT all the time but it doesn't work perfectly so it's driving you insane. the nut is too high so the first fret sounds about like the 2nd fret.... what would you do?
slap my wife
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question at all...

From what I see, I would just replace the nut.. >:L
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
wtf just replace the nut?
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
I'd get a time machine, travel back to the 70's and go back to the store and ask for a brandnew replacement.
Bring it to a good tech to get the nut replaced and to get a refret done.

Those things will barely hurt its value and 70's guitars aren't that sought after either.
At least when talking about Gibsons and Fenders.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
i have one from the 70's. it is mint, i got it from my grandfather who never played it. it does not work, i have come to the conclusion that the pickup is the problem. i will likely get it rewound. it has foil on the pickups, and i am just assuming it was one of the tons of cheap MIJ that were imported decades ago. as far as everything goes it in good shape, no bowing of the neck, etc.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have a vintage 85' guitar with all original gear, I'll tell you that those old humbuckers growl and squeel and are well worth whatever repair you get done
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have one from the 70's. it is mint, i got it from my grandfather who never played it. it does not work, i have come to the conclusion that the pickup is the problem. i will likely get it rewound. it has foil on the pickups, and i am just assuming it was one of the tons of cheap MIJ that were imported decades ago. as far as everything goes it in good shape, no bowing of the neck, etc.

cool story bro
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.