I bought my MXR 10-Band EQ not even a month ago, and for some reason, it does this thing where only half of the sliders will light up. Only the sliders on the right half of the EQ area light up, but both the volume and the gain sliders still light up. Does anyone know what might be causing this? It doesn't do it all the time, but seeing as how this pedal is practically BRAND NEW, it's kinda pissing me off.
How are you powering the pedal? It's supposed to run on 18v DC for the best results but I use 9v and sometimes the lights will cut out, still works fine though.
does it affect functionality? it might just be the leds are bad on that side. send it back?
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I'm powering it with the 18v adapter that came with it.

I haven't checked for functionality just yet, but I will do that in just a second. If I can't figure it out within the next 24 hours, I'm sending it back for sure.
Try using different power outlets/adapters (Make sure you're powering it with 18v and not 9v)

If all else fails I would take it back. You may have just been unlucky and got a bad batch.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I've checked all the sliders, and the lights don't seem to be affecting anything in terms of functionality. Since posting, they've only flickered once, and at one point the right side went out instead of the left. I'm thinking it's a power issue of some sort. I'm gonna look into it a little more before I send anything back. Since it isn't affecting reliability in terms of performance, I'm not too concerned just yet.