I've noticed something really weird happening whenever I record recently.
When I'm monitoring what's being recorded from a guitar amp, I'm hearing in the headphones just fizz and tons of top end. But when it actually plays back from the recorded track, it comes out sounding how I wanted it to sound, how it actually sounds in the room.

It doesn't affect the final product any, but it's rather hard to stay in the groove when what I'm hearing from my signal is what I consider to be awful tone.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
something in your monitoring chain. could be as simple as a connector that isn't fully inserted
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Thanks.
My monitoring chain is just MBox -> 1/8" to 1/4" adaptor -> headphones

I'll try different headphones and a different adaptor. If those don't work I might get the insides of the MBox looked if it's worth it.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
Make sure the headphones are all the way in. Happens to me a lot.

I've been doing recording for a long enough time to always check things being unplugged. That's always something I check, even if nothing seems wrong yet. I want to make sure ALL cables are plugged in where they should be, and pushed in FULLY. Mic cables click, instrument cables are all the way in, patch cables, midi cables, USB's, everything.

But I did double check after you suggested it. It wasn't the issue though :/
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Sounds like the headphones could be blown to me? Unless you mean you're using the headphones to play it back and it sounds just fine then.

Are you sure it's not just a phasing issue in the room with the amp when you're tracking, or possibly some kind of feedback through the headphones, caused by the mic being too close to your setup/something routed incorrectly in your monitoring chain?

Could just be that your amp is turned up too loud that all you hear in the headphones is high end, because they don't cancel enough noise for you to hear anything else
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com