Yeah, what's that all about and what does it exactly do?

I tried it on my Ampeg Gemini I, it has a layout like this:

G1 A1 (Light) A2 G2

The G is for guitar and the A is for Accordion, the 1 and 2 are the channels, and the light is obviously the "on," indicator.

A forum I saw said to plug your guitar into the G1, and run a patch cable from A1 to G2.

Didn't really hear a difference, but I've just dug out my Tube Amp after not using it for a while, so I can't tell any subtle nuances in sound yet.

Anyone have experience on "Jumping?"

Edit:

Here's a picture of the amp.

Last edited by Blahman179 at Jan 2, 2012,
"jumpering" the amplifier switches both channels on and runs the one signal into both. I have no idea how it works but basically you can use the volume on each channel to blend the sounds together.

One example of this type of thing which is easy to understand is the Fender Bassman. One channel was built for guitar, one was built for bass. When you jumper it, it means you can take advantage of the "bass" channel's tonal characteristics (A thicker and thumpier low end) and the "guitar" channel (Perhaps a sparklier and more traditional guitar tone) both at the same time.

Hope that helps
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Channel jumping normally increases gain, but as your amp is for accordion as well, I'm not sure what it would do
Might as well stop doing it then, cause I hear no difference, and all it does is give me more hum.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honeyburst

Epiphone Les Paul Special 1 with P90 pickups; swapped neck out for a Peavey Raptor Plus.

Alvarez Dreadnaught RD6

Vox Valvetronix VT20+