I'm currently sat with 2 DAWs open, for 2 different creative purposes in the hope that something will come to me.
I wish I knew the answer Thought I strongly suspect it's the first one, applied to anyone who doesn't have a degenerative mental disorder. Practice is progression,
I think so, yes. I don't see why it couldn't be possible
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I think one can learn how to express their creativity more efficiently (for example: learning scales on a guitar which are commonly used to represent a mood), like it's something which a person possesses (or not) but only comes out right when properly stimulated. So I don't think one can develop creativity (it comes natural or not at all) but one can learn how to use his creativity.
I'M A COWBOY
Everyone has at least a little creativity in them, just like everyone has a little athleticism, a little sense of humor, and a little black in them.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Like Loaded_ said, I think that you can learn more and more ways to express your creativity, but you can't really get better at being creative. You just get better at showing what you're creatin'.

Actual, raw creativity though, I think depends on your state of mind and way of thinking, and that's why it hits you like a brick sometimes
Quote by devourke
I love you bro. I'd totally turn gay for you after that.

November 13th, 2011. Nodincap.

LoL: Kublai Dong

MC: StealthTurtle
Twitter
Last.fm
Theres a level of creativity in every person and that creativity can be grown by inspiration and learning new techniques. Then these new things can be combined to make something good. When i started learning guitar, I knew sod all but now I've been playing for 11+ years....I'm still crap but i learnt a lot of new things so I can now write some half decent stuff
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Everyone is born with creativity. Some more than others. Those others tend to struggle finding inspiration.
I also just want to point out that there's a similar debate about this but with intelligence. Behavioural scientists can't agree whether intelligence is static (it can't be changed) or dynamic (can be increased/decreased).

It's basically the same question and I've got the same opinion on this one.
I'M A COWBOY
With practice I think most people can do anything, providing they are determined.

I know a few people who would be fantastic musicians if they just applied themselves more.
Quote by loaded_
I also just want to point out that there's a similar debate about this but with intelligence. Behavioural scientists can't agree whether intelligence is static (it can't be changed) or dynamic (can be increased/decreased).

It's basically the same question and I've got the same opinion on this one.

Source?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean
Source?

I learned that stuff in school; had to study it for my exams last month so I can't give you an internet source. I think you can just google " dynamic intelligence" for more information.
I'M A COWBOY
In relation to creativity in music, some are going to be born with more than others, but everyone has some. Some people might not be capable of grasping the idea in the same as others either (different musical genres for example). It could also be argued that some genres are less/more creative e.g. pop is less creative whilst art music is more creative..... blah blah..... subjective..... blah blah..... fashionable music vs music that gets better with more listens etc etc.....
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB